IOS 10, should I update now, or wait?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Chris Brady, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Chris Brady

Chris Brady Active Member

So, because the search function doesn't want to let me search, I'm curious just how good or bunged up iOS 10 is at the moment.

I have an iPad Mini 2, and this update is taking 1.1GB of space I could really use for something else, but if it's going to crash my toy, I'd rather pass on it.

Anyone help an old man?

2. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

You can always delete the update from your device by going in the storage settings.

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I don't know about an iPad mini 2, but iOS 10 is great on my iPhone 6. I've had basically no issues.

4. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Unless you want to send stickers to somebody, why bother? Not sure iOS 10 has any killer features - apart from killing Game Center. Although others will know better. There might be a good reason.

For me, I'll wait till there is some must-have app or feature that requires iOS 10. I've already deleted the update twice - it does get a bit annoying that the prompt keeps popping up, but it takes less time to delete the update than to actually update.

5. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I'm at IOS 9.3.4. Never upgrading until Game Center is brought back with an app.
    I can do without an endless running Super Mario Game. There is already an abundance of great Mario games on all of their platforms.

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The best thing about iOS 10 is how it makes note of your parking location automatically. That's saved me on a few occasions. However it could be better then it is. It should offer a compass view to lead you to your car.

7. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    I'm usually pretty casual about updating to the latest iOS version, mostly because I get curious.
    So I'm also on an iPad mini2, now running iOS 10.
    So far, no noticeable issues. A couple of interesting little tweaks. Some minor adjustments. Really not a big deal to me either way.
    One change I did immediately dislike, however, was that unlocking now uses the home button rather than swiping the screen. This is a tiny change, but as I'm sure is the case with many aging devices that see a lot of use, I worry about the longevity of my home button. I double-tap to kill apps all the time, so the thing gets a lot of use already. Still, not a big deal.
    Game center is a big deal to some, but since it's still integrated into games I don't really miss the standalone app.
    Just my thoughts, for what they're worth.