[BETA TESTERS WANTED] Sonny - Turn based RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Krin, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Krin

Krin New Member

Oct 20, 2016
    Game Producer at ArmorGames
    WA, Australia
    Hi everyone!

My name is Krin from ArmorGames and I’ve been working for past year on an iOS RPG titled called “Sonny." It’s a turn based RPG geared more towards the hard-core spectrum. The game will be a premium title so there are no IAP or F2P mechanics at all.

The game is pretty long to finish, and even though I’ve played through it hundreds of times, I still feel I can’t test everything and understand it from another player’s perspective. I know from past experience (Gemini Strike!) how thorough and insightful the TA community is when it comes to iOS games, and so would love to open Sonny for BETA testing here.

Mostly I’m interested in how everyone finds the gameplay and balance (it is meant to be quite a hard game, especially if you complete it with the Legend star - i.e. no training). I’m also trying to keep an eye open for any bugs I may have missed, or small UI/polish details that I could improve before the game launches next month.

The game runs on iPad2 and up, and iPhone 5 and up.

If you're interested in helping us out, please leave your information here: https://goo.gl/forms/pnoAxXvpWr6Qra822

I look forward to welcoming any RPG fans to the BETA :)

Attached Files:

2. Armadi

Armadi Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    In what way is this game different than the flash game of the same name at armorgames' website?

I beat that game years ago and really enjoyed it.

3. Bethor

Bethor Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Can't wait to try this! I filled out the form and lookfoward to playing.

4. Krin

Krin New Member

Oct 20, 2016
    WA, Australia
    I'm glad to hear you had enjoyed the Flash version :) This is a reboot and a conclusion to that Flash series. I'm most excited about the new combat mechanics and skills though. It looks and plays like the original at first, but there's a lot of new details in the gameplay that make it a much deeper and fresher experience.

If you enjoyed the original please sign up to try it and experience it for yourself :) I'd love to hear what you think.

5. Armadi

Armadi Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    I signed up.

You had me at "new combat mechanics and skills."

Loved Sonny.

6. Krin

Krin New Member

Oct 20, 2016
    WA, Australia
    Thanks everyone who signed up so far, we'll send an invite for the Test Flight :)

7. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
    Signed up, used to play it a lot. One question, is it only the first game?

8. Bismuth

Bismuth New Member

Oct 21, 2016
    I'd be interested.

9. Armadi

Armadi Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    Played to Zone 3 (Tera Jungle). So far I don't have much to say re: gameplay other than that I'm feeling a lot of positive nostalgia for the original Sonny.

I found 2 typos:

The description for Defense under stat info gives the description for Power.

The description for the Wound skill misspells "likely"

10. HeinzKetup

HeinzKetup Well-Known Member

May 26, 2016
    The cost of respec is bugged. It's always 50 dollars despite what it says it actually is.

11. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Very Excited!

I love how this rpg looks and am very interested in helping test and report bugs before official release...and of course...get a chance to play it! I completed the beta registration form from the link above, hope to see an invite in my mail soon =D

Thanks!

Sid

12. Krin

Krin New Member

Oct 20, 2016
    WA, Australia
    Thanks for the reports, typos, and sign ups so far :)

@ Armadi I'm happy to hear that it's given you positive nostalgia! It's been so long since the original games and so I'm glad I was able to retain some of that feeling...

13. HeinzKetup

HeinzKetup Well-Known Member

May 26, 2016
    Just forgot to say that I'm using an iPhone 6S on iOS 10, sorry about that.

14. Armadi

Armadi Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    Since some battle mechanics are tied to whether an attack is ranged or not (like taking damage if you attack certain creatures with a melee attack) it would be helpful to have some kind of indicator.

I've found the boss battles to be somewhat frustrating, and wish I could revisit my choice of being a shadow zombie- but it was like that in the original too iirc.

Thanks for the opportunity to beta test and happy holidays!