★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: James Vanderboom's life drastically changes when he plants a special seed in the garden of the house he has inherited. Expand your bloodline by unlocking portraits in the tree of life.

Rusty Lake: Roots is the second premium point-and-click adventure by Rusty Lake, the creators of the Cube Escape series and Rusty Lake Hotel.

Features:

- Pick-up-and-play:
Easy to start but hard to put down.
- Unique storyline:
Experience the beginning and end of characters' lives and build your own family tree.
- More than 33 levels:
The biggest Rusty Lake game so far is filled with puzzles
- Full of suspense and atmosphere:
Switching from calm to very dark moments
- Immersive soundtrack:
Each level has its own theme song and variations
- Achievements:
The tree has more secrets to unravel

Tap on the arrows, drag or swipe to navigate around the environment. Some objects you can drag. Interact with people and objects by tapping. Select found items in your inventory and tap somewhere on screen to use them.

We will unfold the Rusty Lake story one step at a time. So check RustyLake.com every day for new content and follow us: @rustylakecom.

BlackEyedGamer's comments:

Rusty Lake: Roots

LoyaltyGame B.V.
Genres: Games Puzzle Adventure
2.29 GBP

Quote:
James Vanderboom's life drastically changes when he plants a special seed in the garden of the house he has inherited. Expand your bloodline by unlocking portraits in the tree of life.

Rusty Lake: Roots is the second premium point-and-click adventure by Rusty Lake, the creators of the Cube Escape series and Rusty Lake Hotel.

Features:

- Pick-up-and-play:
Easy to start but hard to put down.
- Unique storyline:
Experience the beginning and end of characters' lives and build your own family tree.
- More than 33 levels:
The biggest Rusty Lake game so far is filled with puzzles
- Full of suspense and atmosphere:
Switching from calm to very dark moments
- Immersive soundtrack:
Each level has its own theme song and variations
- Achievements:
The tree has more secrets to unravel

Tap on the arrows, drag or swipe to navigate around the environment. Some objects you can drag. Interact with people and objects by tapping. Select found items in your inventory and tap somewhere on screen to use them.

We will unfold the Rusty Lake story one step at a time. So check RustyLake.com every day for new content and follow us: @rustylakecom.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 95.9MB

10-20-2016, 08:05 PM
Finally a game with pedigree and unhinged point and click oddness. Welcome back rusty lake.

10-21-2016, 01:51 AM
Favourite ios developer!! Such quality games they make! People this is instabuy .

Get it u wont regret it
10-21-2016, 02:25 AM
Helloooooooooooooooooo! Been looking forward to this.
Not sure if I actually like the way it's split into several short scenes now - hopefully there are some long levels later on!

But yes, definitely one of the best iOS devs around. Twin Peaksy point'n'click, Year Walky dark puzzle game, there's nothing else quite like the Rusty Lake/Cube Escape series.
10-21-2016, 04:17 AM
Also, just a quick warning, as usual for a Rusty Lake/Cube Escape game there is quite a bit of disturbing and upsetting content. This game seems to be more discomforting though, but most of the potentially upsetting scenes are fairly well signposted - you'll know when to stop if you have to.
I myself am rarely disturbed by content in games/movies, just would like to let others know so that everyone is well aware this is not a light-hearted point-n-click; it can be quite gruesome/bizarro. The player must do some morally unacceptable things in order to play out some of the scenes.

I do love this game a lot! The episodic nature of it has grown on me. I just wanted to put out some fair warning!
10-21-2016, 04:50 AM
Greatescaper.. how long (hours) are u into this game?

Do u know similar games like these?
10-21-2016, 05:50 AM
I'm still making my way through it (33 chapters!) but if anyone wants to see what it's like, here's some gameplay. And yeah, like GreatEscaper said, it might be NSFW. I know what kind of weird stuff to expect from these devs and they still surprise me.

10-21-2016, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Wolf View Post
Greatescaper.. how long (hours) are u into this game?

Do u know similar games like these?
I think I've invested a good 3 hours or so into this. Basically any spare time I had today I wanted to go through and play a chapter. I'm on (edit: 18) 17/33 and it's got a non-linear kind of chapter progression. None of the levels feel very short but there are definitely some which are a breeze and some with some tricky puzzles. I have three levels open right now and am stuck on all of them at the moment. It's definitely got a lot of content.

In terms of similar games, it depends on what you like about Rusty Lake.
If you like the concept of a room escape/point'n'click puzzle, I can definitely say that games by Mani Morishita (such as Sphinx, Room Gamma, and Pixel Room) are the peak of the genre, no argument.
If you like the weird and sometimes grotesque imagery/storylines, then check out The Last Door (which is also a kind of point'n'clicker).
A less 'disturbing' but quite out there series of games is Dr. Stanley's House, and while the first in that series isn't nearly as polished as the other games I've listed here the next two are really brilliant and that series is still one of my favourites.

Anyhow, this Rusty Lake is turning out to be one of the most interesting installments in the series. It tells it's own little story with a few shocking moments and I'm very intrigued as to how it connects with the mythology of the series!
It still has that almost trademark 'Rusty Lake glitch' where you can sometimes get multiple copies of an item though it's in no way game breaking and if anything it's kind of amusing.

Last edited by TheGreatEscaper; 10-21-2016 at 06:50 AM.
10-21-2016, 06:57 AM
Thx for the long replay ...

U know what?? ive got a SECRET :

The developer of The Last Door just answered my question and comfirmed that next week for halloween SEASON 2

Will come TO ios finallly
10-21-2016, 07:31 AM
Oops. Edited bc I thought Alex was asking what the game is like. Misread!