★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Cigra Games
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 6.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Just keep hitting the pucks of your color in this highly addictive casual game!

This is a 3D game of mad chase and avoidance and crazy bumping action! Swoosh among the gliding pucks at high speed, avoid ones of different color hurtling at you, and hit the ones of the same color, chase them if you have to.

Whatever you do, try to manage the recoil and angle of impact, because these babies bounce like mad! The collision physics is implemented faithfully and gives this game a special realistic appeal. Bounce off the pucks and off the walls and see what tricks you can pull and how long you can keep the streak going!

A perfect pick-up-and-play game, simple to pick up yet challenging and addictive, sure to make any dull moment fly by in an instant. Controls are dead simple, yet described as "perfect" and "spot-on" by everybody. Simply tilting left-right gives you perfect control of your puck.

Silky smooth 60fps frame rate makes this game a true pleasure to play.

The complete state of the game is always auto-saved, so you can always come back to the split second where you left off, whether you got interrupted by a call, a text, or simply pressed the home button.

More than 90 levels, see how far you can get!

Keep on bumping :)

vicente.ramirezch's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

10-16-2009, 06:14 PM
In this game you just need to keep hitting pucks of the same color as the puck you are controlling.

If you hit a puck of a different color, you lose a life and your puck changes to the color of the puck that you hit.
There are quite a few pucks in the play area so moving around can become tricky as other pucks start moving and you must avoid them to keep your lives so that you can progress farther in the game.

Controls are super easy with just tilting the accelerometer left and right.
They are very responsive and give you fluid like control of your puck.

The game plays silky smooth as well, all of the pucks look like they are gliding on air!

The game may sound easy, but it gives you quite a challenge as you progress in levels and the layout of the levels changes.
Parts of the level will start to become unuseable as they are removed so the play area becomes smaller and it becomes more challenging to keep your puck from hitting other pucks.

Its a complete game right now, but you can expect more in the future.

"The previous Dead Trigger thread was the most reported thread in the TouchArcade forum's history." - Eli Hodapp

Last edited by PureSkill; 10-16-2009 at 09:35 PM.

10-16-2009, 06:21 PM
The dev is actually here: bumpoid. I was a kinda beta, and I half to say that the gameplay is there!! The graphics could use some work,butthe gameplay is really addicting!
10-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Agreed. I have been watching this in the Upcoming Games forum. The game play looks very unique. Seems like a lot more that could be done with it (i know u had a post about what your plans were in the other forum)
10-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi

Hi, I'm Mio, the Bumpoid developer. This is a casual game with a deceptively simple concept, there are 48 pucks, 12 of each color and your goal is to keep hitting the pucks of your color.

It is actually a physics simulation of 48 pucks gliding and colliding, they start out still, but as you keep hitting them they pick up the momentum from you and pretty soon the situation heats up and you find yourself gliding, chasing and avoiding the pucks. It's all quite mesmerizing if I do say so myself.

Gameplay is smooth 60fps, with simple and responsive controls.

The philosophy was to keep the concept simple and let the nature, i.e. the basic mechanics take care of the complexity. If it was good enough for Newton, it's good enough for me.

The game autosaves the complete state at the moment of interruption, no matter what, pause button, home button, phone call, text... You always pick up right where you were.

I certainly borrowed from here and there, but I think the concept overall is pretty original.

I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited by bumpoid; 10-17-2009 at 04:32 AM.
10-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Bumpoid promo codes

I will PM a promo code for Bumpoid to the first 5 people who express interest by replying in this thread. Again, reply in this thread please, not by PM-ing me. (you can PM me of course for any other purpose).
10-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Looks like a nice physics based game would like to try it out!
10-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Sure I'd like to give it a go. Promo code my way
10-19-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm interested.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
10-19-2009, 03:50 PM
I'd like one!