★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Human Puzzlepede - a physics puzzle game for mobile

10-25-2016, 02:40 PM
Human Puzzlepede - a physics puzzle game for mobile

Hi TA,

This game is called Human Puzzlepede and I've been working on it for almost 2 months now as a solo project. I'm hoping to release it sometime in early November!

The basic concept is that you don't have a lot of control over the character, but you're trying to guide him through each level without dying of starvation or being killed by any obstacles. The game will be free to play and monetization will occur through advertising as well as being able to purchase coins which are used for continues. As you can see from the video, coins can be easily earned in-game, but the cost of continues will be high enough that you will not be able to collect nearly as many as you would want to be able to, and the later levels become very challenging.

I'd love to post the results of the game here on TouchArcade including my retention and monetization numbers for the benefit of the indie community

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited by mikeygames; 11-22-2016 at 11:07 PM. Reason: removed old youtube link
10-25-2016, 06:29 PM
This looks right up my alley. Love the play on the movie title as well.
10-28-2016, 09:21 PM
Thanks rezn! Im trying to take creative liberties after spending a few years feeling constrained by product managers (But not you, Quang -- if you ever somehow see this, you're awesome) and game industry executives.

Here's a few more gifs of gameplay!

Last edited by mikeygames; 11-02-2016 at 01:24 AM. Reason: added more gifs
11-02-2016, 09:32 AM
Nice! It has a really good sense of humour - I'm loving the text at the top, it gives it a nice bit of character! I'd worry about hit boxes and my finger on a screen - say I was using an iPhone 5S - however. It all looks a little too zoomed out but it's really hard to tell until you try it so you'd know better than me!
11-22-2016, 11:09 PM

Been doing a lot of work on the game, probably going to push back development a few weeks, but I'm happy with how it's going! Thanks for the support!

You can see some videos of development on my instagram where I'm trying to make regular development updates:
https://www.instagram.com/mgribbin/