★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Matthew Leick
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Get ready to test your skills in the gauntlet. GauntletTD adds some new twists to a genre everyone knows and loves, Tower Defense.

Pick from 8 unique maps - 4 open field & 4 scenario based - and start building your masterpiece. You have 4 tower types at your disposal, but these aren't your ordinary towers! With a unique upgrade system upgrades now do much more than just increase a towers damage. Now you have 2 unique upgrade paths to boost not just your towers stats, but also unlock special abilities! With 4 special abilities per tower there are now 16 new ways to stop the enemy in their tracks!

The only question left is, how long can you last in the gauntlet!?

----------------------------------------

For more information, videos and screenshots check us out at:
http://www.gauntlettd.com
10-16-2009, 10:34 PM
i'm a sucker for 0.99c TD games, in for one.

10-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
i'm a sucker for 0.99c TD games, in for one.
let us know how it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
let us know how it is
well, i'd say its rough right now. no sound in the game, effects or music (other games are playing sounds, so i'm guessing its not my itouch).

animations are limited, but they are at least fluid, so no herky/jerky stuff (hate that in many games).

i like the concept of having different upgrade paths, and having only 5 upgrades possible for a tower, but being given two paths of 5 to pick between.

no real documentation in the game, refers to the game's website to get detailed help. so will need to do that to understand what the various icons/upgrade options mean

overall it doesn't seem like its quite ready, and yet feels like it shouldn't take much effort at this point to get finished.

i have a bad feeling its going to get bad reviews for its current state and perhaps the dev will get dejected from working on it further.... hopefully not.
10-16-2009, 11:03 PM
argh, that's unfortunate...you are right, it sounds like it's just unfinished...i hope the dev comes to the forums here so they can get feedback

Quote:
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
10-16-2009, 11:17 PM
left a brief appstore review and mentioned this site.
10-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Send a message via AIM to Slider9
Hello, I'm the developer of GauntletTD.

I saw the link to this site in your review and I wanted to sign up to thank you for reviewing my game and letting me know what I should fix

The in-game help menu was definitely one of the bigger problems I had when releasing the game, I had a much more verbose one but it was very cluttered and very unusable but I will fix that asap. I also plan on adding in some kind of popup info box for the abilities inside of the tower upgrade screens so its much easier to decide what abilities to use.

Thanks again for the feedback
10-17-2009, 10:45 AM
hi and welcome to TA

...tower defense games are very popular so you will definitely have a lot of people willing and able to offer you comments and feedback regarding your game

Quote:
Quote:
10-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Is there a video of this game?
10-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Send a message via AIM to Slider9
Quote:
Originally Posted by organerito View Post
Is there a video of this game?
Not currently, I will work on making one and posting it.