★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Take on the role of a mighty barbarian warrior on an epic quest of monster smashing and loot grabbing! Hack and slash your way through monsters to raid their dungeons and steal their gold!

Transform into a barbaric pinball and strike down monsters! Charge into hordes of undead creatures and become the most powerful Golden Hero!

Test your aiming skills in dozens of levels, upgrade your character, and discover powerful items!

AMAZING GAMEPLAY
Reach the top of the tower by honing your skills and your blade.
Collect epic weapons in a quest for legendary loot!
Roll through dark caves, castles, and dungeons!
Jump right into the action without a tedious tutorial!
You'll crush enemies, that's for sure!

STICKERS
Express yourself with awesome funny stickers, suitable for every occasion.

REPLAY KIT
Record your amazing feats and share them with your friends.
Live broadcast to your favourite streaming apps!

iCloud
Sync your progress across devices. Never forget your tales of glory.

TAPTIC FEEDBACK
Feel the power at your fingertips!

FOLLOW US:
www.upopa.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/barbaricgame
Twitter: https://twitter.com/UpopaGames

Boardumb's comments:

10-26-2016, 04:32 PM
Looks pretty sick!

10-26-2016, 05:17 PM
I'm loving the gameplay - it's very very good, controls are excellent and it looks good, but the absolute major massive letdown is that it's got energy timers which as far as I can tell you can't remove by iap.

There's a coin doubler, packs of coins and it says any purchase removes ads - but without an option to remove timers then I can't see myself putting a lot of time into it, particularly as I've had to retry the second two levels twice each.

Thing is it could be a great high score chaser game but timers just rule that out.

If there's any chance the Devs are watching, please give an iap to remove energy - I'd drop a fiver on this as I think it's rather excellent but spoiled by the aforementioned timers.
10-26-2016, 06:17 PM
Yeah, this is vastly more appealing to me than the other games sort of like this, because there's actual strategy to it and you actually need to aim. The slo-mo is a brilliant idea. Looks great too, and the loot/rpg elements seem nice if not super-deep. Still, It is also too hard for me. Had fun with it for a few minutes though, and think some folks around here will love it.

Last edited by Misguided; 10-26-2016 at 07:09 PM.
10-26-2016, 07:00 PM
I wouldn't have deleted the game if it had been premium. Would happily of paid 2 dollars for it (maybe even more).
10-27-2016, 06:33 AM
Grrrr

Well, the payment modell sucks big time. Even though it's not rhyming properly: Loaded it, played it, loved it, dele-ted.

Viele Gre aus Deutschland,

Thorster
10-27-2016, 08:58 AM
This looks fantastic but the f2p model is deterring me.

Any shot this would get an IAP to remove all timers and such?
10-27-2016, 10:50 AM
Call me when there's a premium version. Gameplay is great, but game is destroyed by ftp garbage.
10-27-2016, 04:38 PM
What's with the annoying screen recording prompt every. single. level?

Last edited by houseofg; 10-27-2016 at 05:04 PM.
10-27-2016, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofg View Post
What's with the annoying screen recording prompt every. single. level?
Yep, very annoying.
Edit:
Thanks to oragnecan for pointing out that you can turn the recording prompt off.

One other thing that needs correcting.
There is no timer as such.
The energy icon is actually referring to the number of lives you have left. It starts at 5.
You can keep playing indefinitely so long as you don't use up all your lives. When your lives do run out you will have to wait some time (not sure how long but maybe 15 minutes or so?).

Also after playing for some time I can say that the game is actually very good.
The iap's are not intrusive.
It looks great on the big iPad Pro, though I wish the screen would rotate so I could charge the battery while playing it in my iPad case/stand.

Last edited by stubbieoz; 10-28-2016 at 09:05 PM.