★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Jump over countless rings in this addicting retro arcade game!
Jump Over the Rings is at its core a simple and fast-paced retro game with a high level of challenge.

Jump over multiple rings, rack up combos and survive the inevitable "sudden death" for as long as you possibly can! As you get better at the game, you'll uncover over 10 different ranks - jump over 100 rings to obtain the highest rank imaginable!

Features:
- Compete for high-scores with friends!
- High level of difficulty. Super challenging!
- Fast and addicting gameplay!
- Dozens of costumes to unlock!
- Retro inspired visuals.
10-26-2016, 11:44 PM
#2
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 530
Looks so cool!

10-27-2016, 02:08 PM
#3
Joined: Sep 2016
Location: Singapore
Posts: 37
Jump Over the Rings!

Hi everyone, this retro-infused arcade title is my very first iOS game, hope you'll give it a look =)

Last edited by chinykian; 10-27-2016 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Removed appinfo
10-27-2016, 08:57 PM
#4
Fantastic game! Great controls, and fast and frenetic gameplay. Definitely a hidden gem.
10-28-2016, 06:20 AM
#5
Great job, chinykian! Especially for your first game!

I had trouble with the controls being too cramped at first (think Downwell) but got used to them after a while. I prefer playing on iPad mini instead of iPhone.

Does the ranking system affect the game in any way or is it just a way to keep track of your progress?

Excellent little arcade game. Check it out!
10-28-2016, 07:38 AM
#6
Joined: Sep 2016
Location: Singapore
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzKetup View Post
Fantastic game! Great controls, and fast and frenetic gameplay. Definitely a hidden gem.
Thank you! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
Great job, chinykian! Especially for your first game!

I had trouble with the controls being too cramped at first (think Downwell) but got used to them after a while. I prefer playing on iPad mini instead of iPhone.

Does the ranking system affect the game in any way or is it just a way to keep track of your progress?

Excellent little arcade game. Check it out!
Thank you!! It's my first mobile game, to be exact =)
I absolutely agree that the game plays better on a bigger screen. I'm considering adjusting the buttons' hitboxes so it'll work better on smaller screens. As for the ranking system, it's just a way to track your progress - the rank names get more outlandish the higher you progress. XD
10-28-2016, 09:27 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinykian View Post
Thank you!! It's my first mobile game, to be exact =)
Well this just proves that simple really works. This is going in my "Never Delete" folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinykian View Post
I absolutely agree that the game plays better on a bigger screen. I'm considering adjusting the buttons' hitboxes so it'll work better on smaller screens.
Cool! Seems like that would help. If I could request two things:

1) ad-removal IAP (ads are very unobtrusive) to give it a cleaner look.

2) a way to choose which character you want to use. Seems like it's random right now.

I understand that it takes time and effort to implement new features, so these are just suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinykian View Post
As for the ranking system, it's just a way to track your progress - the rank names get more outlandish the higher you progress. XD
I'm ranked 'expert' right now, not to brag, lol.

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 10-28-2016 at 09:32 AM.
10-29-2016, 06:44 AM
#8
Joined: Sep 2016
Location: Singapore
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
This is going in my "Never Delete" folder.
Thank you so much!! =')

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
1) ad-removal IAP (ads are very unobtrusive) to give it a cleaner look.

2) a way to choose which character you want to use. Seems like it's random right now.
Also thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate them. I'll see if I can work them into the game.