★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Nott, a Valkyrie with a tenacious character, has incurred the wrath of the Viking gods who, as punishment, have sent her loyal wolf Oder into the Underworld.

At a loss without her loyal companion, Nott goes in search of him within the cold and misty dwelling of the deceased known as "Helheim".

Fortunately, Nott is a formidable archer, so she'll be able to collect special arrows along the way to help her overcome the evil monsters drawn straight from Nordic legends.
Along her journey, Nott will also have to gain the support of several Viking heroes fallen in battle. They will help her complete her Odyssey, and in return, once reunited with Oder, Nott and her faithful companion will get them out of hell.

With its minimalist graphic style, this mix between a "shoot 'em up" and "infinite runner" game will delight a whole range of players: the game is easy to learn but difficult to master!

Features:

Gameplay based on precision (arrow firing) and quick reflexes (infinite runner feature).
Random level generation: a new game experience each time.
Simple controls:easy to learn, but difficult to master
Collect the different firing power-ups (Bullet Time, Multi-Arrows, Explosive Arrows and Target Help)
Hit all your targets to get a series of combos and switch to Fury Mode!
Meet the other five Vikings, each one with their own unique characteristics.
When the dark rises, make a Group Kill and earn a top bonus
Challenge your friends in the Game Center. Try to get the best score and unlock Trophies
Universal app with iCloud support. Play on your iPhone and iPad and your progress will be automatically synchronized
Original soundtrack for an immersive and unique sound experience

Vikings: An Archer's Journey is a Premium ad-free game without in-app purchases

Like Vikings on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/vikingsarcher
10-27-2016, 11:26 AM
Anyone try this yet?

10-27-2016, 12:14 PM
10-27-2016, 12:35 PM
I beta-tested this game and just plopped down my shekels for the full game. The stylistic theme reminds me somewhat of "Alto's Adventures for Vikings". The game is an engaging infinite runner with a uniquely challenging twist that simultaneously entertains and tortures (That's probably more of a commentary on my level of suckiness)

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 10-27-2016 at 12:41 PM.
10-27-2016, 03:42 PM
I beta tested the game and the developer is constantly making great changes to the game and adding lots of content .
It's a very unique runner with quests and unlocks.
Very very very fun and I rate it 5 stars
11-01-2016, 03:06 AM
Anyone else for this one? I'm not a big runners fan, but i like viking's era, and this one looks polished. Anyone?
11-02-2016, 09:40 AM
Thank you!

We are so pleased with your feedback.

We already made many corrections based on beta testers and player feedback.
And we are working on new characters with specific abilities.
New missions, new level design. More optimization. Better graphics. Reducing app weigh and so on.

Stay tune. More coming soon!

Play my new iOS game Vikings: an Archer's Journey!
@florianbrochard
Co-Founder & CTO @PinpinTeam
Creator of platform games Pyro Jump Rescue and Pyro Jump
11-02-2016, 04:02 PM
looks nice, but endless runners are a no-go for me, even if they're free, which this isn't.
11-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
looks nice, but endless runners are a no-go for me, even if they're free, which this isn't.
What in the sweet golden hell is the point of this comment? If you don't like runners, why are you reading and commenting in the thread for a runner game!?

I hate sushi, but I don't go into every sushi restaurant I walk by and proudly declare "Your food looks really cool, but I don't like that type of food, so I won't be buying any of it. Good day!"

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
11-02-2016, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
What in the sweet golden hell is the point of this comment? If you don't like runners, why are you reading and commenting in the thread for a runner game!?

I hate sushi, but I don't go into every sushi restaurant I walk by and proudly declare "Your food looks really cool, but I don't like that type of food, so I won't be buying any of it. Good day!"

Absolutely no reason for me to continue typing what I wanted to post. Thank you.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.