Universal Smash supreme - a new fighting experience coming to mobile!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Becky_Gumbug, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becky_Gumbug

Becky_Gumbug Member

Oct 28, 2016
    #1 Becky_Gumbug, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    Hey!

My names Becky, I'm a community/ game designer at Gumbug, a game development studio based in London.

We at Gumbug are super excited to announce our latest title, Smash Supreme - A new fighting experience coming to mobile!

[​IMG]

Smash Supreme is a 3D mobile fighting game built with fluid, fun and competitive online play in mind; we’ve made it super easy to battle your friends (or foes!) and broadcast it when you do!

[​IMG]

You'll find the game battling its way onto mobile in 2017.​

You can read the official announcement blog post on the forum!

Thanks, would love to know what you guys think!

2. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    Im in!

The idea alone to me, of a fighting game finally done right, with broadcast play (Mobcrush/Twitch) integrated is amazing to think about! If toned and tweaked and tightened to the tenth degree, this could be ESports worthy!
    Arena fighting means a 3d space to me. Movement would be crucial. I'd personally think that a movement system based around ducking and rolling and great hitboxes and items, just like Dark Souls and Smash Bros mashed up, thay would be a real crowd pleaser! Anyways, Thank You Becky! Ill keep an eye on this forum daily!... and follow the official twitter

3. Becky_Gumbug

Becky_Gumbug Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Morning!

Thanks a ton Kimchisoju for your reply! :)

In regards to your point on broadcasting integration, yeah - we think so too!

We lovvvvee watching broadcasts (there's a constant Salty Bet stream on in the office...) and so we're paying a lot of attention to broadcasting gameplay and we're hoping to ensure that the broadcasting features are both fun and worthwhile not only for the broadcaster, but those watching the broadcast too!
    We currently have Mobcrush integrated into the current build, and are working to have more available before release.

Totally agree in regards to your notes on mobility; as a team we understand that fighting games (well, any games really) with poor movement mechanics really suck, and on mobile - they usually (with the odd exception) do - we're making sure that isn't going to be an issue here by adding awesome moves to roll, slide, jump and even juggle your opponent to gain/ make space during a fight.

I'll be releasing details to do with battles, mobility and the games mechanics over the next month on our Gumbug socials (Twitter, Facebook), so to keep track they're your best bet!

Hope to see you around!

4. jdawg101

jdawg101 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2015
    If your ok with me throwing an idea into the mix then I think it'll be cool to see a 4v4 or 5v5 mode. That way there will be even more competitive-ness.

5. Becky_Gumbug

Becky_Gumbug Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Of course! We're totally up for any/ all feedback if you have it, please don't hesitate to throw anything out there!

We have been playing about with and testing different versions of PvP battles and game modes, so it's definitely not something we're going to rule out!
    We have currently implemented a 1v1 and 2v2 battle system and they're super fun, so maybe we'll bring that back into discussion, thanks jdawg101.

6. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Gamepad support please! :D

7. Becky_Gumbug

Becky_Gumbug Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Noted!

Primarily we're concentrating on phones and tablets touch experience at the mo to make sure the vanilla gameplay is awesome, but in the future... who knows :)

8. jdawg101

Jan 18, 2015
    It's nice to hear that you guys are super open to suggestions and while we are still on the topic of suggestions I think I have one that would really improve my experience with the game. Could you guys add a party up feature so I could invite a friend (Not a Facebook or game center friend because I'm not a big fan of those options and I was thinking something more like an in-game friend list maybe. Where you have to do is add them via name or you could add them after a round maybe and when you want to remove someone you just press remove and when you have a lot of friends you can have "favorite" friends that appear on the top of your friends list.) to your party and if we are playing a mode with more than two players then you could invite multiple friends to your party so that way you could get like a reliable fighting buddy friend group thing going on. That's just an idea I had for the game you guys are welcome to do whatever you want with it because it's your game and I would like to see what you guys make out of it. Anyways that all I have to say for now. Good luck with developing the game. ;)

9. jdawg101

Jan 18, 2015
    Also just curious, but how's pricing going to work out and if the game is free-to-play then how are you guys going to do it?

10. Becky_Gumbug

Becky_Gumbug Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Always up for suggestions/ feedback of any kind, social media networks such as Twitter | Facebook will get a faster reply, but i will keep popping on here from time to time! I know how cool it is to watch a game grow, and to be a part of it is even cooler! So if you have any ideas, feel free.

The game will feature a guild system similar to that of Clash Royale where users can invite their friend(s) to battle, alternatively you could use the guild system to watch your mates battle each other. In a way that will work as a party feature similar to what you mentioned within the game.

"Favourite friends" is a good idea! I've noted that down for discussion :)

The game will be free to play, though will feature in-app purchases. It is worth noting though, that everything available to purchase within the game is still obtainable without spending any money :D.

11. jdawg101

Jan 18, 2015
    Are there going to be any timers at all and also I thought of a good example for the party feature that you guys could maybe borrow from. The party system that I was mentioning earlier would be similar to the one in "Vainglory". Something like that would be nice. That's all I have to say for now.

12. Becky_Gumbug

Becky_Gumbug Member

Oct 28, 2016
    All will be revealed in due time! Haha

13. Becky_Gumbug

Becky_Gumbug Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Hey Guys!

Hope you're all doing well!

If you're already following us on our socials (Twitter | Facebook) (if you're not, WHY NOT?! ;)) or have recently checked our forum, you may be aware that we just announced our first character, our macho man (no, not Randy Savage):

Finn, The Brawler Extraordinaire!

[​IMG]

He's cool, right?

Finn was the first character to be integrated into the game and enter the arena; he is a humble and boisterous apprentice fisherman and well respected brawler.

Finn competes for honour, knowledge and a desire to be the very best. Like no-one ever was.

Want to know more? The announcement post can be read here!

14. Becky_Gumbug

Becky_Gumbug Member

Oct 28, 2016
  15. Becky_Gumbug

Becky_Gumbug Member

Oct 28, 2016
    [​IMG]

Smash Supreme is now online and social! You can follow all future updates on Smash Supreme's very own Facebook and Twitter page!

16. Becky_Gumbug

Becky_Gumbug Member

Oct 28, 2016
    #16 Becky_Gumbug, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    Trumpocalypse is upon us!

With all apocalypses, comes survival, and no one knows survival quite like our next contender:

Mia, the professional thief!

[​IMG]

Mia is a sharp eyed, quick witted fighter with a naive but strong drive to compete. She uses misdirection and fast attacks to control her fights, leaving slower opponents stunned with a seemingly endless supply of projectiles and smoke bombs.

Mia comes from a group of thieves based in the northern mountains, famous for their unorthodox combat style and elite survival instincts. She is a professional thief, having committed more burglaries than all the other competitors put together. Probably.

You can find out more about Mia in the announcement post here!​

To be in the know much faster, follow our Twitter, Facebook and/or our BRAND NEW Reddit page for updates as and when they happen.

17. Becky_Gumbug

Becky_Gumbug Member

Oct 28, 2016
    #17 Becky_Gumbug, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    [Beta] Want to try Smash Supreme - A new fighting mobile game? Now's your chance!

Do you wanna play a game?

Sure you do!

Don’t worry, it won't involve life threatening puzzles / sawing your leg off - but it will involve super hot combat!

As you may or may not be aware, we at Gumbug are currently working on a new fighting experience called Smash Supreme coming to mobile in 2017. We're currently getting very, very close to a public closed beta and are on the hunt for top quality fighters to help test our game!

Smash Supreme was previously mentioned on TouchArcade, and you can check that out here!

We have currently announced two characters within the game, Mia and Finn, and a third is on the way soon! If you'd like to learn more about the game, your best bet is in the forum or one of our many socials:

Beta recruitment e-mails will begin to be sent on November 25th 2016 to anyone who has shown interest and sent us a contact email! So, make sure you spam us with your e-mail on as many of our socials as you can before then.

If you’re interested in participating in the beta, simply fill in your details here or get our attention on one of our social medias.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

18. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
  19. Becky_Gumbug

Becky_Gumbug Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Cooool! Look forward to fighting you soon. ;)

20. Becky_Gumbug

Becky_Gumbug Member

Oct 28, 2016