★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Don't be scared, be prepared with the Worst-Case Scenario trivia game by Namco, based on the popular handbook series! The iPhone/iPod touch version provides entertaining & vital information about surviving everything from the direst of dating disasters to angry alligator attacks. Download additional question packs & compare your results with players from around the country through Facebook Connect! Can you survive the Worst-Case Scenario?

We recommend that you update your device to the latest iOS version before playing. We also recommend that you close the game before downloading the update. To do so, double-tap the home button to display the recent apps bar. Press and hold the Namco application icon until a red minus appears, then tap the minus sign to close the application.

CHECK OUT THESE OTHER COOL NAMCO GAMES:

- Garters & Ghouls
- Mr. Driller
- Solitaire: Deck of Cods
10-17-2009, 03:13 AM
So this is Namco's big push into iPhone development?

Nobody is going to buy this crap. In fact, I'm insulted that they think we would.

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter

10-17-2009, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacleod View Post
So this is Namco's big push into iPhone development?

Nobody is going to buy this crap. In fact, I'm insulted that they think we would.
It's based on these series of books which are wildly popular- http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?ur...enario&x=0&y=0

(The books own, the game is pretty good if you like weird trivia.)

Last edited by Eli; 10-17-2009 at 03:24 AM.
10-17-2009, 03:32 AM
Gonna pass on this.
10-17-2009, 03:44 AM
I got it because I like trivia, played about 10 minutes worth and Im not impressed. Basically its trivia multiple choice, true or false, or picture trivia. One of the screens shown is not even in this game you have to purchase more questions as inapp purchases which is kind of dumb for a trivia game. Whynot judt throw em all together as one package and raise the price? The inapp purchase packs seem better than this one as well. The presentation of the game is rather generic for a big historically known company like Namco I expected more. Some of the trivia questions are interesting but many of them are pretty lame. I'm not saying it was a waste because I like the trivia genre but its just not what I expected from Namco and for them to include a screen thats not even part of this game but a part of an inapp purchase is misleading.
10-17-2009, 03:45 AM
Again, it's based on a series of books with all kinds of weird trivia. What were you expecting? Some kind of 3D shooter?
10-17-2009, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
It's based on these series of books which are wildly popular- http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?ur...enario&x=0&y=0

(The books own, the game is pretty good if you like weird trivia.)
I'm sorry, but whether it is based on a book series or not, this interface is hideous. It looks slapped together by someone who has never developed an iPhone app in their lives.

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter
10-17-2009, 03:46 AM
Who you talking to?
10-17-2009, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacleod View Post
I'm sorry, but whether it is based on a book series or not, this interface is hideous. It looks slapped together by someone who has never developed an iPhone app in their lives.
But... the interface is built in the exact same style as the books.

10-17-2009, 03:49 AM
The music is also repetitive and annoying. Its like listening to the theme for Inspector Gadget over and over again.