★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Weve hatched an all-new DragonVale game! Enter a magical 3D world of dragon-filled adventures.

Warning: You may find yourself hopelessly addicted to hatching and caring for your own adorable dragons! Collect over one hundred delightful dragons, build a park for them, and watch the visitors pour in.

Customize your dragons with enchantment spells to change their appearances and abilities. Trade with players from around the world as you build your ultimate dragon paradise. Expand and improve your dragon park with awesome habitats and decorations. Enlisting your dragons to find rare items, then send them to distant lands in the new Airship for big rewards!

Discover over 140 amazing dragons to collect, including ALL NEW rare, epic, and enchanted dragons
Breed adorable dragons and engage with them through feeding, spell-casting, gathering and supplying the Airship
Change your dragons appearance and abilities with spells
Build the ultimate dragon sanctuary with enhanced decorating features
Trade valuable materials with other players from around the world
Send your dragons gathering in remote regions for rare prizes
Set sail with your dragons in the all new Airship to discover distant lands and generous rewards
Participate in exciting limited-time global events throughout the year
Explore the lore of DragonVale World and meet its cast of charming characters

Install DragonVale World for FREE today!
PLEASE NOTE! DragonVale World is completely free to play, but some game items can also be purchased for real money. If you don't want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases. DragonVale World requires an internet connection to play.
11-01-2016, 03:36 PM
The original was awesome and played it for years. Here's to hoping this is better and not as greedy as other games.

Game Center & PLUS+ ID: Pro Digious
Dragon Blaze: Prodigious

11-01-2016, 06:39 PM
All the nostalgia of the original title with gorgeous graphics. Pretty generous so far iap wise, just ignore the expensive standard purchases.

Gamecenter : taeles
11-02-2016, 09:16 AM
Excellent - supports GameCenter so you can continue progress on multiple devices...
Lame - friends is only by connecting to a Facebook account? HATE that. Guess I won't get the full experience.
11-02-2016, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
Excellent - supports GameCenter so you can continue progress on multiple devices...
Lame - friends is only by connecting to a Facebook account? HATE that. Guess I won't get the full experience.
Its pretty customary now to create a dummy FB account for a game and just join groups centered around that game.
11-02-2016, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
You sure about that? I've got 1 friend currently playing this on my friends list in game and I only have them as a friend through gamecenter.

Gamecenter : taeles
11-02-2016, 02:11 PM
I never really bothered with the first but I've started on this to see how it goes. Some crazy IAP options I would never buy so I'll wait and see how it goes just playing normally.

You'd think they would at least make some of them tempting not 39.99 I can get a PC or console game for that.
11-02-2016, 02:50 PM
is it me or does this have too long timers and little to do at least in the beginning? one of the first dragons needs 3hours just for breeding, half more for hatching. and similar timers from the frozen area and onwards.

I understand these game types have timers, but here it's do one or two things and wait hours. seems to take out the fun. Is the first Dragonvale better or the same? and it is such a massive hit
11-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
is it me or does this have too long timers and little to do at least in the beginning? one of the first dragons needs 3hours just for breeding, half more for hatching. and similar timers from the frozen area and onwards.

I understand these game types have timers, but here it's do one or two things and wait hours. seems to take out the fun. Is the first Dragonvale better or the same? and it is such a massive hit
It's the kind of game you play for about 5-10 minutes a day and then wait for the timers to expire. I was lucky enough to play when this was in softlaunch, so I got like 3k gems. That's more than enough to buy the 'epic banging cave ' so breeding cause twice as fast. Currently at 57/67 dragons and I think the average time to breed and hatch is almost 1 day now.
11-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeles View Post
You sure about that? I've got 1 friend currently playing this on my friends list in game and I only have them as a friend through gamecenter.
That's good to hear - perhaps my GC friends currently playing the original Dragonvale haven't installed this new one yet which is why my friends list is empty for this game. (I was concerned because when I go to friends there is only a prompt to sign in to FB.)

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll remain hopeful....