★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Lanterns: The Harvest Festival is a beautiful, thoughtful tile-placement game set in imperial China based upon the best-selling and award-winning board game. The app now includes the new expansion Lanterns: The Emperor's Gifts at no additional cost.

In Lanterns, players take turns arranging colorful floating lanterns on a ceremonial lake. Completing sets of lanterns earns Honor, and at the end of the game the player with the most Honor wins.

Vibrant visual effects, skilled AI, meditative environmental music and smooth touch play translate the delightful zen of Lanterns: The Harvest Festival to your phone or tablet.

Praise for the board game:

SXSW Game of the Year Nominee
Geek & Sundry Top 5 Games of 2015
Dice Tower Seal of Excellence
Board Game Geek's Most Anticipated 2015
Mensa Select 2015 Winner
Best Family Game - Dog & Thimble 2015
Best Game for New Gamers - Dog & Thimble 2015

"Lanterns is very beautiful and easy to get into, but has depth that can challenge even the most experienced players." - Geek & Sundry

"I think a lot of people are going to be turned on to Lanterns, because you can play it casually, or you can play it very competitively. Both ways it's very enjoyable, and it's hard for a game to do that." - The Game Boy Geek

"Lanterns offers tile-placement and set-collection with a twist, and that twist makes it more interactive than other tile placement games Ive tried. ... I loved the simplicity and interactivity of the game, as well as the originality." - The Opinionated Gamers

Lanterns: The Harvest Festival offers all of the fun and depth of the tabletop game, PLUS:

Online asynchronous matchmaking against old friends and new
Strategic solo play to hone your skills against AI players
Progressive Challenge system to guide you through gameplay
Intuitive tap-and-drag tile placement for fast and easy play

For more information, please visit www.direwolfdigital.com
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter at /direwolfdigital
11-02-2016, 07:58 PM
Enjoying it so far. Only a few minutes in but seems very well done. The pics don't do this game justice. Dev should post gameplay video.

Last edited by mzinn; 11-02-2016 at 08:21 PM.

11-02-2016, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzinn View Post
Enjoying it so far. Only a few minutes in but seems very well done. The pics don't do this game justice. Dev should post gameplay video.
mzinn,

Thanks for chiming in. I was looking forward to this game but underwhelmed by the pics provided by the dev. Also, when I went to the dev home site, no vid was forthcoming. Based on your positive vibes, I'm going to take the leap.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
11-02-2016, 08:52 PM
Really need a gameplay video. The gameplay looks very appealing to kids as well

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
11-02-2016, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
mzinn,

Thanks for chiming in. I was looking forward to this game but underwhelmed by the pics provided by the dev. Also, when I went to the dev home site, no vid was forthcoming. Based on your positive vibes, I'm going to take the leap.
It seems similar to Patchwork gameplay wise.
Take turns, get new tiles, place tiles, gain lanterns, trade lanterns to make dedications (get points)
3 levels of AI & Multiplayer
I just played 4 games & It's got a nice slow easy pace with the perfect zen music sprinkled in.

Last edited by mzinn; 11-02-2016 at 09:17 PM.
11-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Really need a gameplay video. The gameplay looks very appealing to kids as well
For sure. Kids would have no problem learning, playing, & enjoying this one.
11-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzinn View Post
It seems similar to Patchwork gameplay wise.
Take turns, get new tiles, place tiles, gain lanterns, trade lanterns to make dedications (get points)
3 levels of AI & Multiplayer
I just played 4 games & It's got a nice slow easy pace with the perfect zen music sprinkled in.
Thank you, this sold me. I am always looking for relaxing games!
11-02-2016, 09:42 PM
I enjoy playing the board game with my kids and also with just adults. Looks like I'll be picking this up as well.
11-02-2016, 09:57 PM
Played the tutorial. Seems easy to grasp. Still not entirely sure how the tokens work.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
11-02-2016, 10:14 PM
These guys have their hands in a ton of stuff right now, like ES Legends, Eternal, and this. They also have the physical game Clank, which looks really cool and will hopefully get a digital version.