★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Red Rage 1.2 is here! In this version we have included the following new features!
- Chapter 5
- New enemy
- 5 UNIQUE Super Big Boss

Check our video on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTSj7QPaUeQ

PocketGamer UK - Jon Jordan
Combining the Red Riding Hood theme with the sort of 2D sidescrolling action we've seen in Zombieville USA and Inkvaders, Red Rage sees you wandering around the woods, killing things.
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/A+Lyndon+Wicked+Tale%3A+Red+Rage/news.asp?c=16238&srch=Red+Rage

============================================

Little Red Riding Hood is a familiar story told to children at an early age. While it may be a child's tale, nothing can mask the adult tones and the deep-seeded darkness it embodies. Little Red Riding Hood is about a girl in peril being stalked by a cunning and conniving wolf. Family members get eaten, the villain tricks the heroine, and the wolf is ultimately eviscerated.

Red Rage continues the story of Little Red while embracing the mature themes the tale was founded on. After the events of the story Red is left nearly insane and in need of therapy after enduring the trauma of being stalked and eaten. In her best interest, she is committed to an insane asylum to begin her rehabilitation.

But all is not well and the brethren of the wolf begin to plot. While they ideally would exact their revenge directly against Red, the institution in which she is being held is too well guarded for them to get access. Instead they kidnap Granny and hold her hostage, sending Red a ransom note sealed with blood.

Red doesn't hesitate for a moment and breaks out of the asylum to save her Granny. Once outside she is ambushed by the wolves laying in wait. Red defends herself with the Woodsman's axe and dispatches the enemies. However, Granny is still being held by the Master Wolf. Red must battle her way through the town to find her, but that is just the beginning of her quest.

Lyndon's Wicked Tales: Red Rage is an epic story that takes the story of Little Red Riding Hood and turns it on its head. The game fully embraces the true nature of the story and creates a dark and intriguing tale that pits Red on an engaging journey against wolves, vampires, and werewolves. Of course there are many twists throughout the game that propel the player forward and continue the story.

Red Rage features incredible game play that has never before been seen on the iPhone. There are four different weapons for the player to utilize, requiring strategy and skill to vanquish adversaries. The enemies feature challenging and clever A.I. that will keep the player engaged from beginning to end. Lyndon's Wicked Tales: Red Rage is not only a great continuation and interest interpretation of a classic tale, but also an implementation of groundbreaking and unique game play.

Current Features:
4 chapters (each with a different terrain), each with 5 levels
3 enemies and 4 Unique boss enemy
4 unique weapons with different effects and ability
HIDE function which makes RED invisible to the enemy for a duration
RAGE function which allows RED to assume super strength for a duration
BOSS fight at the end of each Chapter for right of passage!
Use game points to buy health pack, weapons, energy packs and character levels between chapters
Openfeint integrated
Music Access to your iPod library
Unlimited Game Mode
Chapter 5 - the Underworld
Super Boss Level

Red Rages addictive play allows you to play out the fairy tale to its final conclusion.

Help Red Riding Hood take back the forest...

THE STUD's comments:

Current Features:

4 chapters (each with a different terrain), each with 5 levels
3 enemies and 4 Unique boss enemy
4 unique weapons with different effects and ability
HIDE function which makes RED invisible to the enemy for a duration
RAGE function which allows RED to assume super strength for a duration
BOSS fight at the end of each Chapter for right of passage!
Use game points to buy health pack, weapons, energy packs and character levels between chapters
Openfeint integrated
Music Access to your iPod library

Future Release Additional Features:

Unlimited Game Mode
Chapter 5 the Underworld
Super Boss Level
10-17-2009, 05:56 AM
this game looks good,downloading now.

10-17-2009, 05:57 AM
Might have to try this out. Looks good and sounds interesting.

Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch
10-17-2009, 08:21 AM
The game is decent and has a very interesting story. However I'm not digging the controls as they appear to not register to well on a iPhone 3GS
10-17-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm digging the art style and like that the game appears to have some dark humor in it. I'd really like to see a gameplay vid to see how the art is animated. I am pretty satisfied with Inkvaders atm.
10-17-2009, 09:33 AM
Oh the poor little Red Riding Hood, committed to mental asylum for PTS.

Cool graphics.

Beta tester for: Minigore, Defender Chronicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGamer View Post
10-17-2009, 10:13 AM
I hope the devs have an exterminator! The art style and concept are awesome. Gameplay is decent, but could use some control tweaks. Another issue is that it's entirely too easy. I had the difficulty level set to "hard" and made it all the way through on the first try. Bosses are way too easy to defeat as well. You basically use the big heavy axe the entire game to defeat all enemies, then stock up on lighting ammo and stand in front of the boss and fire like crazy. After all of that, I still haven't gotten to the bugs!

I'm just gonna post screencaps. I applogize for not rotating them, but im on my phone and don't have time to mess with equally buggy Photobucket app.

Sometimes when switching between axes, enemies can walk right through you without inflicting damage. You to switch back to the axe you started theevel with to advance or you all just Stand in the middle of the screen.

I'm guessing that wolf shouldn't be allowed in the store area???

This happens often:

Wha?!

on top of all that. There were multiple character freezes, purchased items not showing in inventory even when the money was subtracted from your total, Red making damage sounds even though a wolf was no where near her, and some instances where you did get hit and the damage meter remained unchanged.

Besides all of those issues, I enjoyed playing it. I think if you fixed all these problems and perhaps damped up the difficulty or maybe had Red earn less gold so that you couldn't max out weaponry so soon, you'd have a real sweet game here. You do score extra points for having vampire snowmen bears in the background of world 3. That may be first!

Last edited by KSC; 10-17-2009 at 10:17 AM.
10-17-2009, 11:54 AM
this game looks good, downloading right now
10-20-2009, 01:47 PM
And again, not a single peep from the devs concerning problems or another member here who experienced similar issues or even tried this game out to begin with?! I'm the only idiot who's out a buck? Is it even possible that an iPhone dev wouldn't know of TA or something?

I think I'm just gonna start buying "Top 25" games from now on. I've always been one to support the little guy, but the little guy is starting to piss me off!
10-20-2009, 02:14 PM
have you tried emailing the dev and inviting them to the thread...that has worked in the past...they may not know of TA's existence

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.