★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Trail will lead you to adventure and fortune!

Join our pioneers on a vast journey across country unknown. Set forth to reach the town of Eden Falls - explore, craft, collect, trade, discover, and eventually settle and build.

The newest game from Peter Molyneux, legendary designer and creator of the God Game genre, brings the frontier to life on your mobile device. Peter Molyneuxs previous games include Theme Park, Dungeon Keeper, Fable, Populous, and Godus.

Features of The Trail include:

BEAUTIFUL
Take in the view as you walk The Trail through different landscapes and fantastic vistas.

RELAXING
Using only your thumb, swipe and drag to move delightfully along The Trail. Designed for everyone to pick up and enjoy.

MAKE YOUR FORTUNE
Travel to the new world to make your fortune! Learn to craft and trade.

BUILD A COMMUNITY
Join a town to unlock more features and work together to make your town the best in the new world!

COMPANION
Befriend an interactive pet dog to accompany you on your journey, and play together to unwind when at home.

UNIQUE
You've never played anything like The Trail!
11-03-2016, 12:15 PM
Did I see the mythical name of Peter Molyneux used!
I did!!
Downloading now.........

11-03-2016, 12:23 PM
"In an interview with El Pas, Mr Molyenux described his new game as an experience never seen before, bound to captivate us in just five seconds: It can be understood at a glance, and it entertains the idea of communication beyond words, by means of music, art, and so on."

Mhm.

Downloaded it. It is very pretty....checking the soft-launch thread, one of the last posts has a bunch of criticisms. We will just have to see...
11-03-2016, 12:50 PM
Cool game but it appears I have become stuck. It wants me to equip a simple bandana but I do not have it.
11-03-2016, 10:54 PM
I played for a couple of hours and enjoyed it. Came back a few hours later and I had to start over. It didn't save my progress.
11-04-2016, 05:18 AM
So far....

I like it! Not feeling burned like with most of his other titles. I think it helps that there was zero hype around this one.

Hard to disappoint when one goes in with no expectations! 😉

Serious observation: The way it handles multiplayer is interesting and the apparent customization intrigues me. Also the durability of items is a nice touch, IMHO, and so far I have not felt any pressure around the IAPs.
11-04-2016, 06:54 AM
Looks like an interesting concept. I'll give it a go
11-04-2016, 07:47 AM
The icon reminds me of Brian Edward's "Americas". They look extremely similar. http://i.imgur.com/wYbByAh.jpg

Either way, I dig the concept; surprised I hadn't heard of this game before. Gonna try it out soon.

Last edited by Underwater; 11-04-2016 at 07:49 AM.
11-04-2016, 08:25 AM
The nefarious Peter molyneux strikes again! (Although I have been enjoying it for a while XD)
11-04-2016, 08:32 AM

Really addictive game. I played it when softlaunched.

GAME CENTER ID: TECHZAMAZING