★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Special iPhone pricing for this week! 99 cents only!!!!

Inspired by the feature film, "Cirque du Freak: The Vampires Assistant, game is a mix of Platformer, Action and Adventure iPhone game.

Players assume the role of Darren Shan, a common teenager turned into half-vampire by a freak accident. Now this unusual hero will decide the fate of Vampires, as he battles the evil faction of Mr. Tiny and his Minions to spoil their plan.

The game reproduces the thrilling look and feel of the movie by capturing the cinematic darkness and mysterious atmosphere with 4 inspired locations. Interact with all major characters from the movie helping you through the journey. But beware you will be challenged at every step by tiny people, shrivelled creatures that have become Mr. Tinys evil minions along with Vampaneze, an evil faction of vampires hoping to come into power after winning a great war. So are you ready for the journey of your life time?
10-17-2009, 10:39 AM
When was it submitted??

10-17-2009, 10:43 AM
my ex girlfriend got me into cirque du freak years ago and then left me soonafter...

...i hate cirque du freak.
10-17-2009, 10:47 AM
I tried to read the books, but just couldn't do it...and I like this kind of stuff...the books were just so repetitive and whiny...now I did like Darren Shan's Demonata series but even that is very formulaic.

I hope the upcoming movie is better than the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-17-2009, 10:50 AM
well the books are meant for whiny 12 year olds and younger. i wouldn't expect a mature and complex storyline from the series. the movie doesn't seem to be shaping up to be any better either. while the idea for the movie has been around for a while, it looks totally thrown together in response to Twilight more than anything else. and i love John C Reilly, but talk about a bizarre casting choice...
10-17-2009, 10:56 AM
I loved the books(btw. I'm not 12 or younger, nodoctors) and I hope that the movie will be good. I have a lot of games to play, so when I finish them I'll play this
10-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madam_octa View Post
I loved the books(btw. I'm not 12 or younger, nodoctors)
neither were me or my ex at the time. and that was over four years ago.
10-17-2009, 11:07 AM
here's a video for it i found on youtube

Youtube link | Pop Up

the jump/drop he makes at 0:26 is pretty epic and guarantees smooth gameplay. honestly, the game doesn't look bad visually, and maybe it's just the video, but it looks like it could use some more polish when in motion.
10-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Oh come on, don't blame cirque du freak. Anyway I'm getting this as soon as I get home
10-17-2009, 11:16 AM
hahahaha i'm not blaming cirque du freak at all. they're not bad books. i actually enjoy breezing through kid's books from time to time. they're fun and it's like taking a break between vonnegut or whatever your poison is. you don't have to be a part of the intended audience to enjoy a book. i think harry potter is a sort of staple for a kids book that blew up internationally for people of all ages.