★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: WELCOME TO F1 2016
F1 2016 is a stunning mobile racing game that puts players into the race seat of their FORMULA ONE heroes in a full season, single race and time trial on any of the 21 official circuits from the 2016 season.
Experience a high quality Universal Purchase app which runs on iPhone, iPad and Apple TV in one single purchase, without In-App Purchases.

THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Take on the worlds greatest drivers including MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One Teams Lewis Hamilton, Scuderia Ferraris Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull Racings Max Verstappen, McLaren-Hondas Fernando Alonso and Sahara Force India F1 Teams Sergio Perez and many more, with 22 of the worlds greatest drivers and the 11 teams from the 2016 season represented.
F1 2016 includes the full FORMULA ONE circuit roster of all 21 races from around the globe; including the brand new 2016 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE held in the stunning city of Baku. The 2016 season also sees the return of the iconic Hockenheimring, with the GERMAN GRAND PRIX back after a year absence for the FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2016.

THE CHAMPIONSHIP IS IN YOUR HANDS
A visually stunning game for all iOS 9 and 10 users, experience enhanced F1 gaming thanks to the cutting edge technology of the A10 chip, combined with Metal, on the newest Apple devices which combine to make the gameplay even faster and smoother. This allows the game to render 1.4 million polygons on-screen while also applying an array of console-level post-processing effects and multi-sampling anti-aliasing.
These effects include depth of field, motion blur, vignette, chromatic aberration and colour grading. This all adds up to provide an unparalleled level of visual fidelity and immersion, never before seen within a FORMULA 1 videogame on any mobile device.
Beyond visual quality, the game also utilises the iPhone 7s Taptic engine to provide haptic feedback, while delivering stereo audio (driven by the 3D environment) through the iPhone 7s dual-speaker setup.

FORMULA ONE AS YOU WANT IT
For gaming on the go, F1 2016 offers unprecedented flexibility and game modes, with Season Mode, where you can compete through the full 2016 season in any order you want, and also Custom Season, for the first time ever, where you choose the length and included tracks to craft your perfect mini championship. Added to this are both Quick Race and the longer Race Weekend options, which include additional Practice and Qualifying events, as well as the challenge of setting the fastest times possible and competing against the global leaderboards in Time Trial or Weekly Event.

ULTIMATE RACING CONTROL
Experience the thrill of F1 with the simple yet deep car handling model for full player control with four control options including tilt and touch, a variety of steering assists and sensitivity, braking assists and camera tilt, all fine-tuned after years of making award-winning and best-selling F1 games.

CONNECTED WEEKLY F1 EVENTS
Compete in time limited events with a new challenge every week.
Battle to top the leaderboards, and even show off your records on Facebook.

IMPORTANT:
Please ensure that you have at least 2.67 GB of free space on your device.
Contains direct links to the internet and social networking sites intended for an audience over 13.
F1 2016 requires iOS 9 onwards, 1GB RAM minimum, Metal devices.
iPad Air/iPad Air 2
iPad Mini 2/iPad Mini 3/iPad Mini 4
iPad Pro
iPhone 5S/iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus/iPhone 6S/iPhone 6S Plus/iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus
iPod Touch 6th Gen

Kraudi2k's comments:

F1 2016

The Codemasters Software Company Limited
Genres: Games Sports Racing Simulation
$9.99 USD


Quote:
WELCOME TO F1 2016
F1 2016 is a stunning mobile racing game that puts players into the race seat of their FORMULA ONE heroes in a full season, single race and time trial on any of the 21 official circuits from the 2016 season.
Experience a high quality Universal Purchase app which runs on iPhone, iPad and Apple TV in one single purchase, without In-App Purchases.

THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Take on the worlds greatest drivers including MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One Teams Lewis Hamilton, Scuderia Ferraris Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull Racings Max Verstappen, McLaren-Hondas Fernando Alonso and Sahara Force India F1 Teams Sergio Perez and many more, with 22 of the worlds greatest drivers and the 11 teams from the 2016 season represented.
F1 2016 includes the full FORMULA ONE circuit roster of all 21 races from around the globe; including the brand new 2016 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE held in the stunning city of Baku. The 2016 season also sees the return of the iconic Hockenheimring, with the GERMAN GRAND PRIX back after a year absence for the FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2016.

THE CHAMPIONSHIP IS IN YOUR HANDS
A visually stunning game for all iOS 9 and 10 users, experience enhanced F1 gaming thanks to the cutting edge technology of the A10 chip, combined with Metal, on the newest Apple devices which combine to make the gameplay even faster and smoother. This allows the game to render 1.4 million polygons on-screen while also applying an array of console-level post-processing effects and multi-sampling anti-aliasing.
These effects include depth of field, motion blur, vignette, chromatic aberration and colour grading. This all adds up to provide an unparalleled level of visual fidelity and immersion, never before seen within a FORMULA 1 videogame on any mobile device.
Beyond visual quality, the game also utilises the iPhone 7s Taptic engine to provide haptic feedback, while delivering stereo audio (driven by the 3D environment) through the iPhone 7s dual-speaker setup.

FORMULA ONE AS YOU WANT IT
For gaming on the go, F1 2016 offers unprecedented flexibility and game modes, with Season Mode, where you can compete through the full 2016 season in any order you want, and also Custom Season, for the first time ever, where you choose the length and included tracks to craft your perfect mini championship. Added to this are both Quick Race and the longer Race Weekend options, which include additional Practice and Qualifying events, as well as the challenge of setting the fastest times possible and competing against the global leaderboards in Time Trial or Weekly Event.

ULTIMATE RACING CONTROL
Experience the thrill of F1 with the simple yet deep car handling model for full player control with four control options including tilt and touch, a variety of steering assists and sensitivity, braking assists and camera tilt, all fine-tuned after years of making award-winning and best-selling F1 games.

CONNECTED WEEKLY F1 EVENTS
Compete in time limited events with a new challenge every week.
Battle to top the leaderboards, and even show off your records on Facebook.

IMPORTANT:
Please ensure that you have at least 2.67 GB of free space on your device.
Contains direct links to the internet and social networking sites intended for an audience over 13.
F1 2016 requires iOS 9 onwards, 1GB RAM minimum, Metal devices.
iPad Air/iPad Air 2
iPad Mini 2/iPad Mini 3/iPad Mini 4
iPad Pro
iPhone 5S/iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus/iPhone 6S/iPhone 6S Plus/iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus
iPod Touch 6th Gen












Supported Devices:
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.1

Download Size: 2.4GB

11-10-2016, 08:57 AM
#2
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,197
What?! Is it for real? I mean, is it the sim?

A gameplay video would be nice.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)

11-10-2016, 09:00 AM
#3
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
What?! Is it for real? I mean, is it the sim?

A gameplay video would be nice.

It is yeah. I'm also waiting for impressions especially the framerate on the 7+
11-10-2016, 09:50 AM
#4
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 450
Holy crap! Best week ever! Now if codemasters could make a premium mobile Dirt game...
11-10-2016, 09:56 AM
#5
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,197
The App Store has a video of it, but I am not sure if it's the mobile version....so I decide to abuse the refund system. Sorry Mr. Cook...

Not only it is a expensive week, it is also a memory hog week. Yet another game >2GB (after R:TW and DR2)

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
11-10-2016, 10:01 AM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
The App Store has a video of it, but I am not sure if it's the mobile version....so I decide to abuse the refund system. Sorry Mr. Cook...

Not only it is a expensive week, it is also a memory hog week. Yet another game >2GB (after R:TW and DR2)
Eagerly awaiting your feedback!!!
11-10-2016, 10:54 AM
#7
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Eos
Posts: 2,376
tried to buy it apparently i have spent too much once that is corrected i will buy it
i have read up from some who have played it and it does have single race, season and even events
all drivers and all circuits of F1 included!
11-10-2016, 11:05 AM
#8
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
The App Store has a video of it, but I am not sure if it's the mobile version....so I decide to abuse the refund system. Sorry Mr. Cook...

Not only it is a expensive week, it is also a memory hog week. Yet another game >2GB (after R:TW and DR2)
The video is from the iOS version.

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
11-10-2016, 11:13 AM
#9
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,197
Okay, I have toftt.

The game has a number of modes and comparing to the gameplay with the UTube videos, it seems genuine. BUT! The detail level and frame rate are bad on my iPad Mini2. The sense of speed is more or less there. I have made a time trial on my favorite track Spa, it may not reflect the game running on higher platforms, so watch it with a gain of salt. Overall it seems subpar in front of RR3 et al.

I am uploading the vid to UTube...

I will make another one using iPhone 6S later.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)

Last edited by currymutton; 11-10-2016 at 11:16 AM.
11-10-2016, 11:16 AM
#10
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Okay, I have toftt.

The game has a number of modes and comparing to the gameplay with the UTube videos, it seems genuine. BUT! The detail level and frame rate are bad on my iPad Mini2. The sense of speed is more or less there. I have made a time trial on my favorite track Spa, but I can assure you it may not reflect the game running on higher platforms, but it seems subpar in front of RR3 et al.

I am uploading the vid to UTube...

I will make another one using iPhone 6S later.
Cool thanks.

What are the handling/assist options please?