★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: p13development
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: GEOM Ultimathics Color uses the same game prinziple like Magical Drop!

Visit http://www.p13development.com for a "How to Play" video.

Visit our Facebook Fanpage to see a short "How to play" Video.
http://www.facebook.com/GEOMUltimathics

GEOMs, four geometrical forms, appear at a furious rate successively on your display and advance every second. You have to dissolve the GEOMs quicker than the new ones are coming. The rising speed produces breathtaking tension, which offers unequaled opportunities.

Features:

Unlimited Levels
Fancy colors
Great never before seen particle effects
Gravity effects
Sophisticated combo system
Global onlinehighscore
Shockwave effects
Awesome female robot voice!
Endless levels with different difficulties
Highly addictive gameplay!
10-17-2009, 03:24 PM
10-17-2009, 04:10 PM
This Magical Drop clone has a lot of potential. Historically, the problem with MD conversions on the iPhone is that the controls have to allow for extremely fast play. While GEOM doesn't solve this problem entirely, the developers did make some smart decisions in this regard. You swipe downward to grab blogs, but simply tap in the target column to toss them back. You also don't control an avatar at the bottom of the screen, so no calculations are wasted.

The graphics are clean, simple, and retro. The special effects help to increase the excitement level, although some may complain that it obscures their view at times. The soundtrack is decent, it has proprietary online scoring, the front end is easy to navigate, and instructions are provided.

My primary complaint is that the developers opted for shake controls to increase the rows visible, which is a big part of the game, when they really should have just added a tap function to the lower portion of the screen. Shaking disrupts the gameplay flow and I couldn't even get it to work properly (to the point where I was search for an option in the settings app, in case it was turned off on my phone).

I like it and it's priced to move.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that witty messages are displayed on-screen periodically, which is a nice touch that I won't spoil here.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

Last edited by djflippy; 10-17-2009 at 04:14 PM.
10-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Looks real good

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
10-17-2009, 05:26 PM
The game looks good, I am a fan of this sort of graphics. What is the object of this game though, Match 3?