★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Poll: Do you like Rolando?

View Poll Results: Do you like Rolando
Yes 209 68.08%
No 98 31.92%
Voters: 307. You may not vote on this poll
12-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Poll: Do you like Rolando?

This is a poll for everybody, because the game seems to be getting mixed reaction lately. I have it, and I love it, but I want to know what you all think. Post comments to explain.
12-27-2008, 02:38 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I think some people are hating it only because of all the hype it got. I bought it and I enjoy it a lot. Others are complaining it is a little on the short side, but it really isn't too terribly short. It's a game that lasts at least five hours and more if you decide to get the achievements.

I'd give the game 9/10, but a perfect 10 if it had downloadable/user created levels. That way you wouldn't have to worry about the length of the game and it would help justify the price more for the people who don't like purchasing higher priced apps.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

12-27-2008, 02:39 PM
EDIT: ^Yes, what he said, about user created levels, that would be fun.

I dont have it, but the reason that i never bought it is because the gameplay never really impressed me. I mean honestly, it seemed a little boring, idk. I really should look up a gameplay vid on youtube or something to makea final judgement, but then theres the issue of its legnth. So i think before i bought it id have to know they were planning an expansion, or something of that sort.
12-27-2008, 02:40 PM
i voted no, it looks like a crapp im not into those type of games anyway rofl
12-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDeliriumTrigger View Post
EDIT: ^Yes, what he said, about user created levels, that would be fun.

I dont have it, but the reason that i never bought it is because the gameplay never really impressed me. I mean honestly, it seemed a little boring, idk. I really should look up a gameplay vid on youtube or something to makea final judgement, but then theres the issue of its legnth. So i think before i bought it id have to know they were planning an expansion, or something of that sort.
every app should (in my opinion) have user created levels it makes the game more worth while and more fun etc.............
12-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourofl10 View Post
i voted no, it looks like a crapp im not into those type of games anyway rofl
You don't like platformers? How is that possible? :P This is the highest quality platformer type game you can get for the iPhone. Toy Bot Diaries is definitely second on the list.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDeliriumTrigger View Post

Thats what I think. I mean rolling colorful balls around, doesn't really attract my interest

"Insert generic signature here"
12-27-2008, 02:54 PM
its actually not as easy as it looks, some of the later levels require some thinking and precision, i hated the hype but love the game its all i play these days
12-27-2008, 02:55 PM
I downloaded it and it really sucks. Rolling those balls around is so boring. I dont know how can they say that it is the best game on the iphone. I knew it since before it was released that it would suck.

Games Currently Playing: Pro Evolution Soccer 2010, GT Racing Academy, Brother in Arms 2, Real Tennis 2009, N.O.V.A, Modern Combat: Sandstorm, Pocket Chef, RF2010, Warfare Incorporated, Doodle Jump, Homerun Batle, Trade Nations, Social CIty, City Story
Games Waiting For: FIFA 11, RF 11.
12-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
I think some people are hating it only because of all the hype it got. I bought it and I enjoy it a lot. Others are complaining it is a little on the short side, but it really isn't too terribly short. It's a game that lasts at least five hours and more if you decide to get the achievements.

I'd give the game 9/10, but a perfect 10 if it had downloadable/user created levels. That way you wouldn't have to worry about the length of the game and it would help justify the price more for the people who don't like purchasing higher priced apps.
I gave it a perfect 10 (well i go to 5, but same thing). Its a great game, and really fun. It is the greatest game currently on the app store, and should end up at #1 sometime, but only because Sim City boosted my confidence in $9.99 apps being #1.