★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Duel players from all around the world in the best real time game! Collect and upgrade 40+ troops and spells: from the terrible Wizard to the tremendous Golem! Play Now, for Free!

Lead your army to victory! Build a strong deck and knock down the enemy's castle deploying your troops! Earn trophies and climb the global ranking! Open your chests to discover and unlock new powerful warriors and spells! Will you get one of the few legendary cards?

Define your strategy and choose carefully your warriors. Bowmen to kill from distance? Golem to break through the defense? Or a heal spell to give a boost to your troop? Your decision will make the difference between victory or defeat!

FEATURES
+ Duel other players in epic battles
+ Collect new powerful troops
+ Destroy opponents castles to unlock new cards
+ Progress through multiple levels all the way to the top
+ Learn different battle tactics and become the ultimate champion
+ Open magical chests
+ Earn trophies
11-12-2016, 10:56 AM
#2
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 3,986
Anyone else tried this? Seems like a copy of another one I can't remember the name of at the moment peppered with some Clash Royale mechanics.

11-12-2016, 11:21 AM
#3
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,071
This one is amazing - really well done.
Lots of updates, balancing all the time.
Lots of room for interesting tactics, etc.
def give it a try.

Of course people will compare this to clash royale because it has troops but it's not like that at all.

It's a lane battler.
11-13-2016, 04:55 AM
#4
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 1,558
Looks closer to spellbinders
11-13-2016, 06:30 AM
#5
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 3,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodangel View Post
Looks closer to spellbinders
That's the one I couldn't remember the name of, pretty much a spellbinders copy mixed with stealing lots of clash royale. It's decent but you hardly get to play waiting 3 hours for each chest same as royale maybe a bit less to do though.
11-13-2016, 07:14 AM
#6
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste86uk View Post
That's the one I couldn't remember the name of, pretty much a spellbinders copy mixed with stealing lots of clash royale. It's decent but you hardly get to play waiting 3 hours for each chest same as royale maybe a bit less to do though.
That's not true, sorry.
Spellbinders doesn't have decks, you can't customize what troop cards you'll get in battle. (My main complaint about spellbinders)
This game does.

As far as "stealing lots from Clash Royale", what do you mean?
Because it has chests with timers?
You don't stop playing just because your chest slots are full - you still earn gold and ranking.

I don't feel your analysis is fair, or even close to the truth, no offense.

This game, while clearly inspired by other games, actually manages to make something new and fresh in the genre and I think it deserves a fair shot and accurate reviews.
11-13-2016, 07:51 AM
#7
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 3,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeKhan View Post
That's not true, sorry.
Spellbinders doesn't have decks, you can't customize what troop cards you'll get in battle. (My main complaint about spellbinders)
This game does.

As far as "stealing lots from Clash Royale", what do you mean?
Because it has chests with timers?
You don't stop playing just because your chest slots are full - you still earn gold and ranking.

I don't feel your analysis is fair, or even close to the truth, no offense.

This game, while clearly inspired by other games, actually manages to make something new and fresh in the genre and I think it deserves a fair shot and accurate reviews.
I'm just comparing it and clash is an easy comparison chest timers, free chests, daily chest and card upgrading are all the same not to mention many of the cards are carbon copies some are new and different though. Also the way leagues work but others do that too, it's just how I'd explain the game to someone clash crossed with spellbinders.
11-13-2016, 08:48 AM
#8
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste86uk View Post
I'm just comparing it and clash is an easy comparison chest timers, free chests, daily chest and card upgrading are all the same not to mention many of the cards are carbon copies some are new and different though. Also the way leagues work but others do that too, it's just how I'd explain the game to someone clash crossed with spellbinders.
I hear you, and that's a fair first impression - but without mentioning how it's different seems unfair.
Especially if people are just looking for a quick review to decide if they even want to give it a shot.
Again, I mean no offense 🙏

It actually PLAYS very differently from both of those games, and I feel it offers something unique which is indeed rare these days.
11-13-2016, 05:20 PM
#9
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 174
Everytime you win, you get a chest that takes 3-8 hours to open. So unless you want to pay IAP basically you should play 1 battle every three hours.
11-13-2016, 07:13 PM
#10
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrin View Post
Everytime you win, you get a chest that takes 3-8 hours to open. So unless you want to pay IAP basically you should play 1 battle every three hours.
Wrong.
Just keep playing. You earn gold to buy cards from the shop and you earn rank (if you win) to get to higher arenas with bigger rewards.

Why would you stop playing? Just open the chests when it's time and otherwise keep playing and progressing.