Zarista Games’ Dragon Jade expansion for Redshift’s The Quest - Open Betatesting

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Catacomber, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    #1 Catacomber, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Hi, everyone-- we need a few beta testers for our new Quest expansion. Discussions will be here in this thread.��

[​IMG]

The Quest – Dragon Jade is an expansion for Redshift’s the Quest. The Quest is a beautifully hand-drawn, enchanting and immersive first-person role-playing game, where you can explore, talk to npc’s, fatten your inventory, gamble at cards, fight and go on quests. If you’re not familiar with the game, it’s turn-based and similar to Eye of the Beholder. I don’t want to overuse the words “old school”, but old school it is.

This is not an expansion for the HD version but for the original Quest/Quest Gold.

The story takes place in ancient China--The August Personage of Jade has summoned you to his Heavenly Palace to help right the balance of the world. Yin and Yang were in harmony, kept safe in an exquisite Jade vase in his Heavenly Pavilion. But one day, Pan Gu, who held up the world, stretched out his arms. The Jade vase shattered. Yin and Yang poured out. The shards of his vase fell to Earth.

The mischievous Monkey King saw the vase fall. He picked up the fragments and scattered them. He's been punished, imprisoned once more under Five Fingers' Mountain. After torture by demons, he confessed he saw some dragons swoop down and pick up the Jade pieces. They carried them off for their treasure. You and the Monkey King (via a telepathic Lotus Arm Band) must hunt out those pieces and return them to the August Personage of Jade so he can repair his vase and restore balance to the world. If you succeed, you get various riches and the Monkey King goes free.

You feel confident you'll prove your heroism once again, even if you must overcome ghostly monks, countless dragons, hungry tigers and slithering lizardmen with a taste for human flesh.

You don’t need to own The Quest or The Quest Gold to test—we test a pre-generated character in the stand-alone game which is geared for about level 21 to start..

The game should work on iPhone/iPad and iPod Touch from 6.0 up.

The expansion should be available in January 2017 or sooner.

We have the following beta testers currently on ios:

Drelbs
    Fusermarucs
    Gondel516
    Lance Zhou
    Repulsa

It's been tested on PC by:
    DeMenchev, Liz, Old Shaman and Pedsipec and I took a run through.

We would love to have one or two more testers for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. Testing for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch will use Testflight and if you’re interested, please pm me your email address so I can forward it to Elendil. The beta is ready. He just has to ready it for iPhone and load it into Testflight which should take a week or so.

The rewards for testing are: Your booth in the Crafting Hall---you can instruct the player what they can craft and you not only can have a special item crafted—you get an additional item of your own on a shelf in your booth. Shelf has permanent storage so you can store things there. And of course you get your name in lights in the Credits.

We need your feedback for the following:
    Typos

Balance of the monsters and balance of items like weapons, armor, accessories, etc.

Places where a hint could help. Do you keep getting the same item over and over when you shouldn’t?
    Do you get the item you found in your inventory? Did you get and finish the right quest?

Glitches like being cornered by a monster you can’t kill and you can’t get out of the dungeon.

Crashes.-Elendil will direct you what to send him.

We would love it if we could get about one or two more testers. If you're interested, please post here and pm me your email address if I don't already have it. Please don't post your email address here. Thanks very much.

2. LanceZhou

LanceZhou New Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Nice! Can't wait to participate in the beta run :) I'm from China, and according to the developer, this expansion is made from old and famous Chinese tale "Journey to the West"! Just can't wait to experience the story.

3. DeMenchev

DeMenchev Active Member

Dec 15, 2015
    I'm probably out for some time as my PPC stopped working (probably it's just the battery that stopped working). I'm actually making an excuse because my anxiety gets alarmingly bad too frequently (social anxiety, adolescence and school stuff mostly. Working on social anxiety. Will improve quite a bit for sure.) I hope to find a comfortable occasion to play it more soon, I like the game so much.

Anyway.

Most of the quests are solvable and the current version is quite clean.

It's a very beautiful expansion and the difficulty has been thoroughly worked on. If you found something unfairly difficult as you started out, I could come up with a moderate fix that would only improve the challenge, so let me know. If you play as a mage, complain if magic doesn't work well enough, on what/whom specifically and preferrably with details. Magic hasn't been tested a lot. There are challenging bosses you may need good preparation for. For many of the fetch-quests everything can be bought in the market at any time. I find it fun and more logical in a way - you need materials or other miscellaneous resources, so you simply go and buy them.
    I played the game quite a bit and loved it. It's really good. There are new features you won't find in any older expansions by Zarista, so keep an eye on that and enjoy.
    Happy questing!

4. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Love the quest sign me up

5. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I'm Honored to be on board and immortalized once again :)

6. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Please pm me your email address for TestFlight and let me know what you'd like to craft. Welcome aboard!

@Repulsa--honored to have you.

Nullzone--a/k/a Zhong Nu the Historian added. :)

7. TYdD0wn

TYdD0wn Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Any room left for beta?

8. tintin888

tintin888 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I would love to beta test! Any room left??

9. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    @tintin--yes, I need you to message me your email address here and let me know what you'd like to craft.

10. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Yes. I need you to message me your email address and let me know what you'd like to craft.

I guess I'd better add one more Crafting Hall.

11. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #11 Catacomber, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Bethor--I responded to your message and added you.

If anyone hasn't sent me their email address for TestFlight please do. I want to send the new file to Elendil tonight. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for next beta.

If you haven't let me know what you'd like to craft by tonight, I'll assign you something and then we can change it.

Also need to know whether you are male or female, what race you play as and whether you favor heavy or light weapons? For your npc---otherwise, I'll guess and we can fix later. Thanks.

Thanks very much!

12. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Sending the file to Elendil to iphoneize and load to TestFlight. If you haven't sent me your email, please do. Nullzone--I mean--Zhong Nu the Historian, fabled for his research in things that go boom has been added. : )

13. tintin888

Apr 18, 2016
    Also, sort of a stupid question, should The Quest be played in landscape or portrait view. Which was it meant for I guess?

14. DeMenchev

DeMenchev Active Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Whichever you like most. I prefer the portrait mode.

15. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Elendil has submitted the app for TestFlight review so if you sent me your email address and have the TestFlight app installed on your device, you should be able to test in a few days! :)

The Crafting Hall by the way is in the far northwest.

16. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    It works very well in both.

Think I played it mostly in portrait, but after getting a heavier phone (6+) I've switched to landscape.

17. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #17 Catacomber, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Here is the map and current Quest list. This may change of course. Thanks. : )

The only one here I haven't gotten an email address from is zdkazz. You're in the Crafting Hall but if you want to test, I need an email address. Thanks.

Attached Files:

18. tintin888

Apr 18, 2016
    Beta testing ready! Thanks so much can't wait!

19. tintin888

Apr 18, 2016
    Also I've always wondered, and maybe I'm just not seeing it, but what is the app picture for all the expansions? #

20. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    They differ from expansion to expansion. The formal app icon and other artwork haven't been drawn by Sylon yet. He always does them after testing is over. What you'll see for an icon is temporary right now.