★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Do you have what it takes to build the Ultimate Wrestling dream team and compete against managers from all over the world? This is your chance to prove it!

*** HIGHLIGHTS ***

- Free to play
- Hire completely unique wrestling recruits to join your stable of wrestlers and bring them to the top of the Ultimate Wrestling world
- unlock additional wrestler slots and Trainers, Scouts and Recruiters to help your team
- World Wide manager and wrestler rankings
- Separate Friend ranking list for managers and wrestlers
- Earn credits and use them to hire more recruits and manager packs

roygon's comments:

Hi Touch Arcade, Ultimate Wrestling is our first mobile game and we'd love to see some feedback. You are competing against other people and the data is all server based so you do need an internet connection.

The game is free with the only advertising being player initiated (by clicking on the money bag icon for bonus in-game credits)

There are lots of exciting things being planned but the initial focus is making sure that it is fun and engaging for the people that enjoy this genre of games

Thanks,
Roygon
11-16-2016, 12:41 PM
Haven't tried the game but can already say I wish it didn't look like Southpark...
Not sure if intentional or not but characters really look they were taken right out of the show

11-16-2016, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charley View Post
Haven't tried the game but can already say I wish it didn't look like Southpark...
Not sure if intentional or not but characters really look they were taken right out of the show
Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback - the South Park look is the style we were hoping to achieve and feel it contributes to the experience. Obviously doesn't appeal to everyone but our test groups preferred it to the other options since we're not going for a photo realistic arcade style game.

That being said, it's easy enough to change or make it customizable if many people dislike it
11-16-2016, 02:15 PM
I actually like the 'South Park' style, but I'm not into management type games, so.......
11-16-2016, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roygon View Post
Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback - the South Park look is the style we were hoping to achieve and feel it contributes to the experience. Obviously doesn't appeal to everyone but our test groups preferred it to the other options since we're not going for a photo realistic arcade style game.

That being said, it's easy enough to change or make it customizable if many people dislike it
Oh, if was done on purpose than mission accomplished
Not my bag but I'm sure it may appeal to others.
11-17-2016, 04:37 AM
Looks cool. Is it on android too? Also, how does the F2P work? Are there timers and stuff?
11-17-2016, 10:52 AM
Awesome game!! Very fun. I love ccg and wrestling! Finally hit the first timer and it's not bad. Just wished you could give me a new match every 20 mins and let them stack to 3 times so each hour you get 3 matches on each character.

You could even put ad videos to grant the 3 matches.

Keep up the great work. The art is awesome. Loled a few times!
11-17-2016, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitto View Post
Looks cool. Is it on android too? Also, how does the F2P work? Are there timers and stuff?
We're working on Android - just need to finish up the store integration and test so it shouldn't be long

The F2P is pretty straight forward, you don't need to click on any ads or buy any IAPs to play the game. There are optional incentivized videos that give you bonus in-game credits and you can buy extra credit packs. We may increase the advertising in the future depending on how things go

New wrestlers can wrestler 5 times right away, then it is once per hour. There are bonuses you can get after a match that depend on the wrestlers recovery skill that can let him wrestle again right away but generally once per hour.

The IAP's that are still to come are:

1) custom wrestler skin packs - you'll be able to buy a pack and get a few "skins" that you can apply to your wrestler. So maybe a Donald Trumpitized wrestler or Hulk Hogan etc

2) Your wrestlers age 1 year every 3 days and as they get older their skills begin to drop and they eventually retire once they get past their late 30's. There will be an option to bring back a retired wrestler eliminating his aging penalties and bringing him back to age 30 (or something like that)

The goal right now is to make a fun game people keep on playing while trying to at least break even on the server costs!
11-17-2016, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot3000 View Post
Awesome game!! Very fun. I love ccg and wrestling! Finally hit the first timer and it's not bad. Just wished you could give me a new match every 20 mins and let them stack to 3 times so each hour you get 3 matches on each character.

You could even put ad videos to grant the 3 matches.

Keep up the great work. The art is awesome. Loled a few times!
Great to hear! We've had a lot of feedback about the timers being lower and it's something we will consider but for now we want people to keep coming back throughout the day. Wrestlers have a chance of getting better after every match (based on a hidden talent skill and any trainers you might have) so the way to make really good wrestlers is to keep coming back!

The stacking idea is great, we will definitely consider that
11-18-2016, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roygon View Post
Great to hear! We've had a lot of feedback about the timers being lower and it's something we will consider but for now we want people to keep coming back throughout the day. Wrestlers have a chance of getting better after every match (based on a hidden talent skill and any trainers you might have) so the way to make really good wrestlers is to keep coming back!

The stacking idea is great, we will definitely consider that

Thanks for the feedback! Are there notifications? Maybe I missed it. That would help remind me to come back