★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Avadon 3: The Warborn is a huge, old-school, indie fantasy role-playing adventure, the conclusion of the epic Avadon trilogy. You are a Hand of Avadon, warrior and spy, judge and executioner, with nearly unlimited power to fight the enemies of your homeland. Your word is Law. However, your lands have been invaded. Barbarians and monsters are rampaging through your home, and you are the only one who has a way to stop them.

Avadon 3: The Warborn is an epic, retro adventure in an enormous and unique world. Choose from five different character classes, each with dozens of unique spells and abilities. Explore cunning dungeons, hunt for hundreds of magical artifacts, and pass judgment on your enemies (or just people you dont like). Avadon 3 features many different endings. Will you save your people or betray them? Follow orders or claw for more power? We leave those decisions for you.

Key Features:
*Epic fantasy role-playing adventure in an enormous and unique world.
*Many different endings. Will you be loyal to your leaders or switch sides and bring them down? The choice is yours!
*Five different character classes, with dozens of unique spells and abilities.
*Experience an exciting story, with fascinating characters, tough decisions, and many twists and turns.
*Dozens of side quests, dungeons, and secrets to discover.
*Hundreds of magical items to find. Use powerful crystals to make your artifacts even more powerful.
*Huge adventure with lots of replay value. Experience with earlier games is entirely unnecessary to enjoy Avadon 3.

Boardumb's comments:

11-17-2016, 01:19 PM
Would I need to play first two to get this

11-17-2016, 01:58 PM
So same thing as the last 2 games as far as you go adventuring with a 5 team party?
11-17-2016, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesrooney27 View Post
Would I need to play first two to get this
Description suggests no. Also instabuy for sure.
11-17-2016, 09:37 PM

Highly recommended this. I don't think it work with iPhone. But suitable for iPads

GAME CENTER ID: TECHZAMAZING
11-17-2016, 09:44 PM
I think I would rather play Demons Rise 2, this looks a bit old and tedious in my opinion.
11-17-2016, 10:43 PM
But it is classy

GAME CENTER ID: TECHZAMAZING
11-17-2016, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techzamazing View Post
But it is classy
I know I know 😜
11-18-2016, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
I think I would rather play Demons Rise 2, this looks a bit old and tedious in my opinion.
I just started Demon's Rise 2, and then this comes around competing for my playtime.
However, you can't really compare the two, different genres.
DR2 is a tactical battle game (really good one, mind you), with a clear focus on that over story and worldbuilding.
Yes, Avadon looks a lot more old-fashioned than DR2, but that's not its focus or strong point. It's a full-blown roleplaying game with great worldbuilding and story.

@Jamesrooney: While you don't have to play the previous two to enjoy this one, I do recommend it. There's so much story in it, and the world it plays in is very well crafted.
11-18-2016, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
DR2 is a tactical battle game (really good one, mind you), with a clear focus on that over story and worldbuilding.
Yes, Avadon looks a lot more old-fashioned than DR2, but that's not its focus or strong point. It's a full-blown roleplaying game with great worldbuilding and story.
Well said. Avadon (and by extension Avernum) are much more in the vein of the grand fantasy PC RPG of years past. What I find exceptional about the Spiderweb games in general is how well written and captivating the stories are. Now my only wish is that Vogel will remaster Geneforge and bring it to the iPad .