★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Associate This - Get it now for FREE

10-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Associate This - Get it now for FREE

Just wanted to let you all know that you can now get Associate This for free. Associate This is a word association game, a game where you have to guess which words, or phrases, are related to the other words, already visible in the game. A couple of screenshots are attached, hopefully you could get an idea what the game is about from those.

If you are interested, you can now get this game for FREE from the App Store, if you do try it out I would really appreciate it if you could let me know what you think of it!

http://www.itunes.com/apps/associatethis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0071.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	9364   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0082.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	9365  
10-18-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

10-18-2009, 11:00 AM
This is by the same person as Mercury Mind and they look identical in screenshots except for the colors and the prices of the full versions. Even same awards. Hard to tell release dates since the updates might be those dates but they were at least even released at the same time! Fun concept just not sure why there are two by same person.

Edit: Figured out they were sequels. Never mind...

Last edited by New England Gamer; 10-18-2009 at 11:14 AM.
10-18-2009, 11:16 AM
If you like the core concept, this game is really good. There are some stumpers and some that are obvious, but I like the way it makes you think. The developer adds new levels, every so often, too.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
10-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
If you like the core concept, this game is really good. There are some stumpers and some that are obvious, but I like the way it makes you think. The developer adds new levels, every so often, too.
may have to check this out then

Quote:
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
10-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
may have to check this out then
Yeah, try the lite. If you like that, the full is just more levels, I believe. Each level is themed, which I forgot to mention. Once you've completed a level, there's no real reason to replay it, which is a bit of a downside. My wife and I play it all the time.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
10-18-2009, 01:30 PM
I am confused though, in itunes if you click on all applications by the dev it brings up 6 word association apps...are these all the same game, but just reskinned?

Quote:
Quote:
10-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
I am confused though, in itunes if you click on all applications by the dev it brings up 6 word association apps...are these all the same game, but just reskinned?
From what I can tell, yes. I brought that very question, and I believe that was the dev's response.

10-25-2009, 01:47 PM
There are two different paid versions out there, Mercury Mind and iAssociate. Besides those there are then 2 different free versions to both games, due to branding changes.

Of these versions, Mercury Mind is the first game released and iAssociate is it's sequel, meaning that if you wish to buy only one of these then go for iAssociate.
11-07-2009, 08:39 PM
For those of you who are interested, I've just released a new level for this game, also available for free, you can find it here:

http://www.itunes.com/apps/associatethismovies

The level is Movie themed(meaning movies, actors, directors, etc), starting off with certain movies that have aliens, in one form or another, in them, and expanding from there to include both some older as well as some newer, even unreleased, movies.