★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Noblemen: 1896 (Foursaken Media) - strategy + 3rd person cover based shooter

11-18-2016, 04:07 PM
Noblemen: 1896 (Foursaken Media) - strategy + 3rd person cover based shooter

Noblemen takes place in an alternate reality late 19th century, with a mix between early WWI, American civil war, and a dash of steampunk technology. The game consists of 2 main parts: a large scale strategic overworld, and 3rd person, cover based battles.

More about gameplay... In the strategic overworld, players will build regiments and armies, move them across the map, capture lands, bombard enemies from long range, siege forts, and more. Players will change the battle through the use of Battle Cards, which can be anything from adding equipment to regiments, building special building, recruiting special units, adding special abilities, inhibiting the enemy (things like starvation, bad weather, etc), and more. We're trying to create a very dynamic battlefield with the use of the cards.

When 2 armies end up fighting, battles take place in 3rd person. You play as a hero character, taking cover and fighting the enemy alongside your own troops. In this part of the game, players will also be able to enter a command screen to give specific orders to units (such as flanking, switching targets, etc) - however, we've designed the AI to be pretty smart so you will only be giving broad commands to units; they'll handle things like taking cover appropriately on their own. We also have varying degrees of difficulty, so easy difficulties will include better automated AI.

Notably, we've tailored the game to be playable for tons of different levels of players, from hardcore fps players, to those that might struggle with 3d games on mobile. In battle, we have an auto-battle option if you want to just spectate and enjoy watching the battles (you can still give orders to your units and even control you hero from a top down strategic view if you want). You can "pop-in" and "pop-out" of auto battle whenever you want during a battle, allowing you to take control whenever you feel you need to, or want to.

Last edited by Foursaken_Media; 08-09-2017 at 06:02 PM.
11-18-2016, 04:46 PM
Um yes please!

There are not that many games on the App Store that are like this and i'd love love love to help you make this the best experience ever. Maybe the next ESport? Who knows, but i can imagine a game where you watch the battle on auto, then jump in where the enemies are winning, jump back out, throw a few troops to take advantage of your hole you left and watch more until you win. This sounds amazingly intense and intriguing to me. Im all in my good sirs!

Last edited by Kimchisoju; 11-18-2016 at 05:47 PM.

11-18-2016, 05:37 PM
Oh hell yeah. Just like I was in with War Tortoise and fell in love with that game from the beta this game sounds freaken amazing!!!! Can we pre order?? Lol

Billy
11-18-2016, 05:39 PM
Oh this looks so good. I'm all over this when it comes out. Will this have mp?

Last edited by luckystrikeguy; 11-18-2016 at 05:42 PM.
11-18-2016, 05:40 PM
I should have been personally contacted about this. Haha looks amazing!
11-18-2016, 06:24 PM
Epic!

I have played Heroes and Castles 2 for over a year now! And I can tell you guys there's nothing more I have loved than that game! It's amazing! Now I am so excited for this game. I haven't played war tortoise and I didn't because I'm not much of a fan of shooting games but noblemen sounds awesome! The ideas behind it is what is just extra orderinaly thought out and I can't wait to try it! Thank you Foursaken Media for all these great games you make!
11-18-2016, 07:03 PM
I dig the theme A LOT!
11-18-2016, 07:08 PM
Yassssssss
11-18-2016, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchisoju View Post
There are not that many games on the App Store that are like this
I'm not sure I've ever heard of a game like this, for any platform.

It also feels like a natural culmination of all previous Foursaken titles*. "Oh, so you say we do nifty genre mashups and create original iOS titles? Silly TA writer, THIS is what we were building up to all along!"

* There will be a mad army chef in base, suicide bomb runs by gnome copter, and insect death squads, right, Foursaken?

Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
11-18-2016, 07:37 PM
I will gladly purchase this right now just for a preview taste. I hope they charge at least $10 at least