★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Multiplayer games recommendations needed!

12-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Multiplayer games recommendations needed!

hello, i got 3 devices (an iphone and 2 ipods) and i want to play some games with friends in our closed wifi network.

i already got texas hold'em and crossbones (that i know 3 players can play on different devices)

are there any other games that handle 3 players? most racing games support head-to-head only. any suggestion is appreciated!
12-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahiru View Post
hello, i got 3 devices (an iphone and 2 ipods) and i want to play some games with friends in our closed wifi network.

i already got texas hold'em and crossbones (that i know 3 players can play on different devices)

are there any other games that handle 3 players? most racing games support head-to-head only. any suggestion is appreciated!
Well, some of my favorites are Wave Blazer, Quick Draw and Galcon, but those are all online play, so you can play them wherever you are. I think Galcon and WB can take up to four players, but Quick Draw can take several (if you like pictionary, definitely get QD. I play it at least once a day for about 25 minutes or so. It's very entertaining especially playing against others).

I'm not sure about any games that use local wifi connection that will allow more than two players.

Hopefully that still helps you out

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

12-27-2008, 04:41 PM
thanks! i forgot about galcon, we got that as well!

gonna check that quick draw and wave blazer, thanks for the tip.
12-27-2008, 04:47 PM
raging thunder also has pretty much the same multiplayer as wave blazer.
12-27-2008, 04:53 PM
so, since raging thunder/wave blazer are both developed by polarbit i will assume their multiplayer options are the same (right?)

i read they have online multiplayer - but is it possible to play more than 2 persons in the same match? does it have to be online only?
12-27-2008, 04:57 PM
uno is a fun game
4 people can play at once
12-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahiru View Post
so, since raging thunder/wave blazer are both developed by polarbit i will assume their multiplayer options are the same (right?)

i read they have online multiplayer - but is it possible to play more than 2 persons in the same match? does it have to be online only?
I'm pretty sure they both have the same online feature. You can have up to four people join a room that you create on the server. Yes, it's online only, but it doesn't matter. You can use online at your house or anywhere. With wifi, you can only play where you have the connection, so you'd need your friends all in the same area as you to play. If you're playing online, they could be on different parts of the world and it'd still work.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-27-2008, 05:22 PM
+1 for quick draw.
It is a lot of fun, you can see some people from here playing that game a lot

And Warfare inc. will have 2-4 multiplayer available soon. It is currently in beta testing. Keep that in mind.
This game is a lot of fun and multiplayer is too for this game

If you like word games, scramboni is a multiplaying game online.

Last edited by Zincous; 12-27-2008 at 05:35 PM.
12-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Monopoly is a very good one. Supports up to 4 players, and you can turn the players into computer if you want. The game automatically turns disconnected players into computers until they reconnect. It also supports saving the progress of your games.
12-27-2008, 06:10 PM
tap tap revenge, scrabble, adrenaline pool, ace tennis, and some Gameloft games have multiplayer( real soccer, asphalt)