★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: HeroCraft Ltd.
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 469.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ***An internet connection is required to play***

Plunge into fierce turn-based squad battles in World of Dungeons, the new dark fantasy RPG.

Build your squad of fearless heroes and set off to explore the infernal worlds where youll wage your own wars against the undead, monsters and demons.

Train your heroes in any of the 6 classes, equip them with weapons and armor - and then unleash your squads might and magic on the evil Bosses who are desperate eager to reap your soul!World of Dungeons is a hardcore saga that combines the strategy and tactics of war-games and TBS with the ambiance of classic RPGs.

World of Dungeons: become the lord of Chaos and Darkness!

Game Features:
- Unusual combination of genres: TBS, war-game and rogue-like RPG
- New worlds: the Gothic Necropolis, the bloodcurdling Tartarus, the frozen Helheim
- Endless randomly generated levels and extremely tough arenas
- Fierce bosses
- Fast-paced battles: 5-15 minutes per boss or dungeon
- Hundreds of weapons and armor pieces of 6 rarity levels, hundreds of abilities and spells
- Simple controls: no unnecessary windows, scroll bars, or switches

HeroCraftGames's comments:

Plunge into fierce turn-based squad battles in World of Dungeons, the new dark fantasy RPG. Build your squad of fearless heroes and set off to explore the infernal worlds where you’ll wage your own wars against the undead, monsters and demons. Train your heroes in any of the 6 classes, equip them with weapons and armor - and then unleash your squad’s might and magic on the evil Bosses who are desperate eager to reap your soul!World of Dungeons is a hardcore saga that combines the strategy and tactics of war-games and TBS with the ambiance of classic RPGs.

11-23-2016, 07:07 AM
Internet connection required, which these days is pretty much a no-go for me, TBS or not.
But it's free (with IAP, of course), will give a twirl later today.

@Herocraft: Did I miss something? Are people who play "hardcore strategy/tactics wargames" suddenly more inclined to go with free+IAP and permanent internet connection? That would really surprise me.
Personal opinion: Either your Marketing (I guess?) department bumbled it, or you got your target group wrong in the app description.

Last edited by Nullzone; 11-23-2016 at 07:10 AM.

11-23-2016, 07:59 AM
^ Agree. Would love to pay $5-$10,which lets face it, is the going rate, and have this as offline, mine to own at my will. As it stands I won't be touching it. Though I could well be in the minority.

It does look decent by the art.
11-23-2016, 08:12 AM
It is decent gameplay wise but it is not the type of game that should be playable with internet only or have IAP. This game should have been premium.
11-23-2016, 08:45 AM
The app icon on the store is enough to make Blizzard get involved.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com/portfolio.html
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
11-23-2016, 11:39 PM
Free with internet connection... no thanks
11-24-2016, 12:19 AM
It's Herocraft, crap marketing is basically par for the course. As for free internet connection, they're a Russian developer, their premium games did poorly historically speaking, and this model's a lot more popular outside of the US, so I'm not surprised at all.

Not like blizzard's gonna file a copyright claim against them, despite that blatant reaper of souls on their icon. It'd cost more for their lawyers to figure out where to send the notice for the complaint than they'd recover in a suit like this, if at all.

It's a shame Apple lets stuff like this through.

Check out some of the other threads for their games, you'll see what they're all about lmao.

Last edited by CalinR; 11-24-2016 at 12:27 AM.
11-24-2016, 01:13 AM
11-24-2016, 01:36 AM
The icon is like Malthael from D3..
11-24-2016, 02:01 AM
Wait why are they suddenly aping blizzard assets?

Their other games were fine.