★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Drakenlords is a CCG packed with competitive modes, single player adventures and, sometimes, goblins!

Take on the role of a mighty Warlord and battle for glory, power and cards in a world of dragons, spells and cataclysms. Built from the ground up for mobile, it brings back the magic and depth of classic CCGs. Whether you are a seasoned card games player or a newcomer, Drakenlords has plenty of adventures for you.

FEATURES
Battle with friends and players from around the world in real-time.
Hours of single player content through lengthy campaigns and special events.
Over 300 cards with striking illustrations, reminiscent of the best classic fantasy card games.
Unlock and customize new Warlords with powerful abilities.
Become the top player in monthly ranked seasons.
Dominate the Arena in an exciting sealed deck format.
Invite friends and challenge them to friendly duels.
Perfected for mobile. Sleek UI, small file size and short games.
Offline deck editing and practise against AI.

JOIN THE COMMUNITY
Join the community to share your deck and learn new strategy tips at http://forum.drakenlords.com

SUPPORT
If you have any problems, please contact us at support@everguild.com

Boardumb's comments:

11-24-2016, 04:17 AM
Are there any impressions on this one? Especially gameplay and Payment Model. Thank you

11-24-2016, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenxe View Post
Are there any impressions on this one? Especially gameplay and Payment Model. Thank you
Hey there! Drakenlords developer here.

I'll leave game impressions for the players. In regards to gameplay and payment model, we'll tell you this:

Gameplay
Drakenlords is a duelling CCG. if you're reading this, you're likely familiar with the genre, so let's jump straight into what makes Drakenlords stand out:

– A lot of single player content. And more to come!
– In gameplay, your playable character, a Warlord, is another unit in the battlefield. It can attack and be damaged, be affected by positive and negative traits and use powerful abilities.
– As your Warlord levels up you will unlock active and passive skills to empower your deck and open the door to otherwise unviable strategies.
– Some of your minions, not just your Warlord, have active skills This means you can use the mana you'd use to play cards to activate an effect from the minion instead.
– The Sealed Deck arena lets you try out the rarest cards in the game in a balanced deck. It's great to learn the game's nuances, card combos and tactical options, and to compete on a ground outside of the meta.

What about the Payment Model?
Drakenlords is free to download and play with optional IAPs. You get all features right off the bat, including:

– A single player campaign and events with 8+ hours of content and truckloads of rewards to improve your deck and unlock new playable characters. You can explore all game mechanics safely and having fun with it.
– Ranked PvP. You can go straight away and battle other players online too. Taking part in PvP gets you rewards the higher you climb in the ranks every month.
– A sealed Deck Arena where all players get a choice of 3 premade decks out of a pool of (currently) 15 and battle to test their raw skill. It's a great way for new players to earn new cards.
– Expansion Campaigns rewarding sets of specific cards and an an unlockable Epic mode for a true Single Player challenge.
– Time Limited Special Events rewarding either booster packs, extra XP or promotional cards.
– Offline deck editing and Practise against the AI.

Access to the Sealed Deck Arena, Expansion Campaigns and some Special Events, as well as individual booster packs, have a cost in Gems.

Hold on. Gems?
Gems are our in-game currency. You can earn Gems by winning PvP matches, at the end of every monthly Competitive Season, completing daily quests, earning achievements, and sending a Goblin Miner to get you some every few hours.

What about IAPs?
Our range of IAPs includes bags of gems, stacks of booster packs at a discount and daily deals where we put up 3 cards to buy individually, each priced according to rarity. Finally, there's an option to buy direct access to the Sealed Deck Arena and Expansion Campaigns.

By the way, you get at least one Epic or Legendary card guaranteed every 10th booster, but chances are you'll get them at a higher rate than that. We frown upon having a huge divide between players with Legendary cards and players without.

Is there any other way I can get free cards, booster packs or gems?
Yes! Keeping an eye on our community hubs (facebook, twitter, official forum) will let you know of all the special promotions, contests and giveaways we do regularly.

Hope that clears it up! We'll stick around, everybody feel free to ask anything.
11-24-2016, 08:27 AM
Does the game support Apple Game Center?

Can I play on multiple devices using the same account?

Is there a card list online anywhere?

How big is the player population?

Thanks in advance.
11-24-2016, 09:39 AM

It have login option and I did not findout where to register.

GAME CENTER ID: TECHZAMAZING
11-24-2016, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSop View Post
Does the game support Apple Game Center?
Not at the moment. The game has an internal leaderboard and in-game achievements, which reward gems upon completion.

Quote:
Can I play on multiple devices using the same account?
Yes! You'll be required to register once, and that user + password will let you play on any device and login to our forum!

Quote:
Is there a card list online anywhere?
We have the expansion campaign cards online here.
In game, you can check all the cards you own by clicking the three-card button in the lower left side of the deck editor, as pictured bellow.

Quote:
How big is the player population?
We launched today, but our soft launch gathered already a few hundred players, mostly Spanish speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techzamazing View Post
It have login option and I did not findout where to register.
First of all, thanks for the let's play video! The login option is only for people with registered accounts– we may improve the wording to better signal this soon. After the tutorial you will be asked to give yourself a username. You can register from the Settings menu, or the game will force you to do so once you reach an ELO score of at least 500 in PvP.
11-24-2016, 10:25 AM
It sounds great and I like the look of the game, my only concern is that I used to play a game called Deckstorm by DeNA and they just decided to terminate the game after a few months which resulted in me losing money I had spent on card packs. Due to this I get nervous when new card games appear as the market is so competitive.
11-24-2016, 12:01 PM
Quote:
It sounds great and I like the look of the game, my only concern is that I used to play a game called Deckstorm by DeNA and they just decided to terminate the game after a few months which resulted in me losing money I had spent on card packs. Due to this I get nervous when new card games appear as the market is so competitive.
We were shocked when we learned about Deckstorm. It's the fate we all dread. I can't promise we won't ever shut down; we launched a few hours ago, after all. What I can tell you though, is this:

– Our fate relies solely on our game's success. No corporate overlord will come and shut us down. No publisher can force us to try and squeeze more money out of our players, or take our IP away from us. We are an indie studio and we are self publishing Drakenlords. Nothing stands in our way, nothing is distracting us from making the game the best it can be.
– One year after soft launch, many of our first players keep playing the game, and often. If that doesn't speak about the competitive health of the game, nothing will.
– An advantage of being a small, independent team is we act quick. Be it a support ticket, a balancing issue, a newly discovered bug... If we're awake (we're on London time), we will see your message and get back to you or get to work on a fix ASAP.

I hope this puts your concerns to rest. If it doesn't, I encourage you to play the single player campaign to get a good bunch of booster pack rewards first and get a feel of the game without monetary risk.
11-24-2016, 12:14 PM
Hi everyone. I downloaded this and have played a few rounds. So far I like what I see, and I have purchased a special pack. Now I had a problem with my purchase, and I reached out to the devs, who IMMEDIATELY resolved it. That and they seem to be very active here in our forum bodes well for the future of this game.

The other thing I so far like, is that I can play the game without constantly losing. Sure I want a challenge, and this game has some aspects that give it a lot of depth that I can see going forward. It does have what seems to be a lengthy single player campaign which I hope they can keep adding to. As well as a lot of achievements which reward with gems and quests. The card packs I have opened do not have constant repeats but some rare cards as well.. AND the FILE size is really manageable. So far under 200 mg.

I too was let down by the Deckstorm debacle. But you win some and you lose some. I have spent money on games and eventually lost interest, so it works both ways.

I would definitely give it a try if you like card battlers.
11-24-2016, 04:00 PM
Is there likely to be more expansions going forward?