★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: LPS, Inc.
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 33.6 MB
  • Version: 1.6
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Welcome to the world of the Arkanigon, a race of super-humans with mystical powers that can be used for good or evil. In this high-action game your chosen character will compete for the ultimate prize in an Arkanigon Duel tournament.

Choose from 8 complex characters with diverse backgrounds, abilities and motivations for participating in the tournament. Challenge your rivals (either the CPU or another player playing on the same iPhone/iPod Touch) to one-on-one duels as you follow your character's unique story from the beginning of the tournament to the end.

Play involves characters positioned at opposite ends of the playing field (the iPhone/iPod Touch screen in landscape mode). Characters attempt to defeat their opponent by launching projectiles of varying destructive capabilities at them. Characters can avoid, absorb and/or reflect their opponent's projectiles in order to survive. A well-fought duel is a plethora of exciting action and sound.

Each duel is accompanied by rich music and scenery. Each duel is also preceded and followed by portions of your character's story line making play even more interesting.

Features:
-------------
- Story Mode
- Human vs CPU
- CPU vs CPU (on the same iPhone/iPod Touch)
- Two Player (on the same iPhone/iPod Touch)
- Save/Load Game
- Choice of 8 characters
- Music Player

Discuss the game on the message boards:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Arkanigon/index.php

Devilishly Good's comments:

link to the Lite version:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=302407759&mt=8
10-18-2009, 03:44 PM
I played the lite version and something about it's amateurish-ness reminds me of Enviro-Bear. The cartoon graphics are laughable, especially the knock-kneed characters. You use different combinations of multi-touch to activate certain powers in a duel. Don't hate me because I kinda liked the game

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby

10-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhagoCychotic View Post
I played the lite version and something about it's amateurish-ness reminds me of Enviro-Bear. The cartoon graphics are laughable, especially the knock-kneed characters. You use different combinations of multi-touch to activate certain powers in a duel. Don't hate me because I kinda liked the game
...thanks for letting me know there was Lite...I added a link for it to the original post

...also if a mod could change the thread title to Arkanigon Duels + Lite that would be awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-18-2009, 05:19 PM
The backgrounds must have been done by a different artist altogether, because they look fairly decent. The characters look laughably terrible, and not intentionally terrible like Enviro-Bear, just ... really bad.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
10-18-2009, 09:02 PM
are you just posting random old games? i think its a good idea but you should pick some better ones like ...um i dunno maybe arcade hoops basketball or ....uh that is all. i know there were others just cant think of them

genres are not to be seen as forms of textual codifications, but as systems of orientations, expectations and conventions that circulate between industry, text and subject.
10-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks for posting, I am going to try out the lite version.

Is there a really good version of a game like this? Where two players face off and shoot back and forth at each other? I have tried archers and like it but a head shot does the same damage as a toe shot.
10-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post

Is there a really good version of a game like this? Where two players face off and shoot back and forth at each other? I have tried archers and like it but a head shot does the same damage as a toe shot.
there's lots of tank based games like this, maybe someone can suggest some others with 2 people facing off like that...the only thing coming to me at the moment is Wizard Warfare, but that did not get the best of reviews...though it looks awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post

Try Warfare Incorporated. You can play single player, or against other players online, and build huge tank battles .

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=298748403&mt=8
10-20-2009, 02:55 AM
I admit the character graphics aren't good. I did them myself and I'm not an artist. We couldn't really afford to have the character artwork outsourced. The background art was done by a professional.

I thought we had compensated for the poor character graphics with other things, like story... multiple musical tracks...
10-20-2009, 04:43 AM
Well I find them hilarious, I thought it looked like that on purpose. Sorry if I did not sound very tactful. In any case, I enjoyed the game when I played the lite and already bought the full

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby