Time for a new Monster Hunter game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ITZ_DESU, Nov 28, 2016.

1. ITZ_DESU

ITZ_DESU Member

Jul 3, 2016
    I've been playing MH Freedom Unite for quite some time.
    I started in 2009 on the PsP version, and now I'm playing on my IPad.

The thing is,
    I've played this game a LOT, I have almost 700 hours of playtime (1000 hours on my PsP)
    I have all the armors and weapons that I want to have.
    I have done every single G rank, Nehokt, Village and High Rank quest available.
    And I'm just bored now... I've been only doing like 2-3 quests per day now... I don't really have the motivation to play more...
    I've been playing with some friends for quite a while, we're mostly doing fun challenges like killing Ukanlos naked, doing the quests Hunting Gods Free For All in less then 10 min....
    But still, the game has become incredibly repetitive.

And not to mention that the game is dying really fast...

I feel like a new MH game would solve this issue,
    I would be eternally happy if Capcom made MH3U for iOS, or even better, MH4U for iOS!!

What do you guys think? Is it time we get a new MH game?

2. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Feels like we only just got MHFU back! Another would obviously be great, but I'm just grateful for what we have.

3. ITZ_DESU

ITZ_DESU Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Well... The thing is that the game is dying really fast, there aren't as many players as it used to be. I just really want Capcom to port MH4U to iOS.... So the community will be alive again

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im not that bored of it coz MHFU's one of my alltime favorite games ever, but yeah, any newer-ish MH title on iOS would be stellar. Even MHP3 if they decide to do so, but in english please. Haha!

Other than that, im really glad they fixed MHFU.

5. ITZ_DESU

ITZ_DESU Member

Jul 3, 2016
    IMO MH4U would have been better.
    Also why MHP3? MH3U have waaayyyy more content.

6. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    #6 slighmd, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    A newer MH game? Yes please! I've actually gotten tired of MHFU (but I still love it to bits) so I've been playing MHGen on my daughter's 2DS and presently getting massacred by an Astalos. MH4U would be AWESOME! Imagine fighting that oil elder dragon Gozmagios-something on an iPhone or even an iPad in HD

Edit: parenthesis

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Those are better obviously, so i was just pointing out that i would still take it "even if it was just MHP3."

8. ITZ_DESU

ITZ_DESU Member

Jul 3, 2016
    I agree with you, the 3rd generation has some very great improvements over the 2nd gen.
    Also, P3rd is the only game in the 3rd generation that has Brute Tigrex and Amatsu?