★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tropical Square Dance Crisis is a fast paced arcade puzzler. Don't let the fruit reach the center! Pop them with your trusty boomerang and escape to fight another day. How high can you score? How far can you go?

Endless play for high score.
Addictive retro soundtrack.
Game Center leaderboards and achievements.
Unrelenting expert mode for a true challenge.
Relenting beginner mode for casual fun.
Cute pixel graphics.

"I Can't Stop Dancing. This game has me hooked and afraid I'm going to miss my subway stop. Totally charming and fast paced with a fun retro feel." - Marcb726

"Clever and unique puzzler. This is the type of game that made me a fan of puzzle games. Its mechanic is unique and takes a little getting used to. Once it gets its hooks in you, it's impossible to put down." - onebigdoor

Take a tropical vacation in your pocket you won't be able to forget!

ltucker's comments:

11-30-2016, 02:24 PM
Is there a endless mode to play for high score or just level based or ?

11-30-2016, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by esty8nine View Post
Is there a endless mode to play for high score or just level based or ?
Yes it's endless for high score play -- the visuals stop changing in the "space" level, but you can keep playing for as long as you can stay alive.
11-30-2016, 10:34 PM
It def looks like it has some depth to learn which I like, I might have to pick this up !
12-01-2016, 02:56 AM
Having a lot of fun with this game so far!
Discovered the "bomb" item, love it, is there a way to make those spawn more frequently or is it random ?
12-01-2016, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Having a lot of fun with this game so far!
Discovered the "bomb" item, love it, is there a way to make those spawn more frequently or is it random ?
Nice! It's random, different stages have different probabilities -- but I like the idea of being able to influence that! (developer btw)
12-01-2016, 11:45 AM
I mean like rewarded for good play, like big combos or something could influence it, just a thought tho!
12-01-2016, 11:52 AM
Can you explain what is a "chain" and what is a "streak"?

Current best is 109k but I just started so give me time ! Haha

Edit: also what do you think of a shot cancel, like while your drawing a shot and want to cancel if you just tap with another finger. =]

Last edited by esty8nine; 12-01-2016 at 02:03 PM.
12-01-2016, 07:51 PM
you can cancel by tracing your line backwards, which is good for adjusting the end of the throw, for example. but the ability to cancel the whole shot with a double finger tap or something is an interesting idea (as long as accidental cancels didn't get in the way)
12-01-2016, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Can you explain what is a "chain" and what is a "streak"?

Current best is 109k but I just started so give me time ! Haha

Edit: also what do you think of a shot cancel, like while your drawing a shot and want to cancel if you just tap with another finger. =]
Chain is the number of fruit popped in a single throw of the boomerang.
Streak is a number of consecutive throws that pop 3 or more fruit (eg number of 3+ chains in a row).
The values shown at the game over screen are the largest values for the game.

If I'm still drawing the shot, I usually just drag straight back to the alien, but I'll give some cancels a play through... If the boomerang is already flying I think it might take the risk out of certain mechanics.