Universal Cover Fire - Multi character FPS game by One Man Band

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DeCeOnline, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeCeOnline

DeCeOnline Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Spain
    #1 DeCeOnline, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    Hello there!

We want to introduce you our brand new game, called Cover Fire. We've been developing it during a year and we already have something to show. We're looking for beta testers to help us shape the final version. We hope you like it :). If you would like to join the beta testing, just type in your e-mail address in the Google Form below:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScngneKVyA8d74-Oq34KWnXQiqM4yCSqV9_2wAMSy8QJoMA3Q/viewform

The story behind the game is that Tetracorp, a megacorporation is occupying several areas over the planet suppressing villages, taking over their resources and controlling every possible communication. In order to restore peace, the Resistance has born.

We will be using three main characters in every mission, each of them with different abilities. For example, we will have to kill enemies with a direct combat with our automatic gun carried by a navy seal while offering support by the sniper.

[​IMG]

Other main features of Cover Fire is that we take advantage of different aspects:

• · the 3D Touch iOS control and we think the usability has improved a lot. Apply pressure on the screen to aim. Press a little harder to shoot.

• · Destructible environments: shoot that car and make it explode. Or maybe you just want to create a beautiful chaos.

• · Immersive cinematic: you will get into the game with a cool story told by a comic.

• · Unlock special characters: from Bucannan to Steve the Dinosaur.

Screenshots of Cover Fire's gameplay:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gameplay video:
    Youtube: video

We're looking for some of early beta testers to give the game a try. The 3D implementation has been hard to explain as it's not something the average player is used to, so any feedback is always welcomed.

We hope you guys like the game!

Best,

Daniel.

2. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I just submitted my email address! This looks awesome! It's about time a developer took 3D Touch seriously. I think using it for aiming and shooting is absolutely brilliant! Hopefully we'll see some FPS games ultilize this in the future too. :D

3. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    I applied too but

Is this for just google play? Cause im on the app store

4. ZenThoo

ZenThoo Member

Feb 27, 2016
    I honestly LOVE games like this! I'm hoping to see this coming out soon and see millions of players playing it :)

5. politicsasusual

politicsasusual Active Member

Great work all around; I'm a fan of the concept artwork myself. The screenshots and/or gameplay snippets look really polished for a mobile title as well. Count me in!

6. DeCeOnline

DeCeOnline Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Spain
    Thank you, @macatron! I hope you like the game. Your promo code should be in your inbox by now. Could you please share your thoughts when you have it?

@Kimchisoju, it will be released on Android but, by now, it's only available on iOS. You won't be able to download it because it's not released but if you've typed in your e-mail in this form, you should receive a promo code so you can download the game. If you don't know how to do it, read the documentation provided by Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201209. To sum up: in App Store, scroll down and tap on the "Redeem" button. Paste the code we will send you to your email address and you will be downloading the game right away.

7. ZenThoo

ZenThoo Member

Feb 27, 2016
    I guess 3D touch is Apple exclusive

8. DeCeOnline

DeCeOnline Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Spain
    Yes it is. In fact, exclusive for iPhone 6S and iPhone 7 (by now). If the device is not compatible with this feature, the game detects it and shows screen buttons to aim and shoot.

9. ZenThoo

ZenThoo Member

Feb 27, 2016
    #9 ZenThoo, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    So how do I delete posts again?

10. ZenThoo

ZenThoo Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Oh by the way - will I be able to play the game from where the test phase ended when it comes out or do I have to play it from the beginning then?

11. DeCeOnline

DeCeOnline Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Spain
    You will not lose the progress when the game gets released, don't worry :)

12. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    #12 ZS77, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    Played through first dozen or so levels. Imps so far:

+ pos:
    Great 3D Touch aim/shoot mechanic. Works very, very well.
    Tight gameplay with short, sharp bursts of on-rails shooting.
    Very precise aiming, great for head shots etc.
    Great cinematic cutscenes in game - especially the internals of the gun with the bullet loading in to chamber and then firing.....although gets a little repetitive, would be good to have skip option.
    Love swapping between ground assault and rooftop sniping support, nice mix up of styles.

- neg:
    Free to play.
    Timers.
    Multiple currencies.
    Energy timers.

Haven't played enough to know if these things are prohibitive to playing on an unfair basis but so far, seems reasonable - but it is very early days. Personal preference is always premium titles and I largely avoid f2p games or delete very shortly after initial play unless it REALLY grabs my attention. This is fun so far but not sure about longevity or whether I really want to plough money in to it. If the gameplay, graphics and control/mechanics were lifted straight in to a story driven, premium title (ideally with online speed/score run leader boards), this would be an amazing game and an instant purchase.

Would certainly recommend downloading and giving it a try but mileage may vary and paywalls etc are yet to be determined.

13. TTotully

TTotully Active Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Looks great, can't wait to get my hands on it! I submitted my email and can't wait to assist in making this game as good and bug free as possible!

14. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Well, so far I'm really enjoying the game! Thanks so much for the early access code!

Pros:
    - The 3D Touch aiming/firing mechanic is TOP NOTCH! Well done! I really hope to see this in a future FPS because it'd be absolutely perfect for it.

- I dig the final kill cinematics, but I do think users should be able to just tap the screen to skip them if they want to.

- Excellent graphics and frame rate. The game never stuttered on my iPhone 6s

- Generous with rewards and currency. Being FTP it doesn't feel like I HAVE to spend money (at least yet).

Cons:

- I found one instance so far (see photo) where the "Black Market" was described only in Spanish. This should be translated into English like the rest of the menu items.

- It'd be really nice to have more of an idea of WHEN I've managed to achieve one of the mission objectives. Currently I have to keep looking up in the left corner of the screen at the tiny lines indicating what I've accomplished or how many rounds I have left (in order to stay under). These should be more in your face because it's difficult to concentrate on in the heat of battle. Maybe when you make a headshot the words "Head Shot" could appear in large font over the enemy and then fade away. Or even announce it like Unreal Tournament did back in the day. :D Shots remaining could easily just be a floating number that's off to the left or right of the screen in a bold red font. For instance, if it's 35 shots or less, at the start of the mission a big "35" will be floating on screen (easily seen during battle) and as you fire off rounds it counts down. Once you've fired more than 35 rounds maybe make it explode or simply drop off the screen. At least then players would know where they stood during the mission (not after).

- I'd like to see some missions focused on the destructible environments. I apologize if these are available later in the game, but I haven't really seen any so far. I've only had to blow up a Jeep, and that wasn't all that exciting really.

All in all, this is a really fun game! Great job so far! I look forward to seeing how it develops. :D

Attached Files:

15. DeCeOnline

DeCeOnline Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Spain
    #15 DeCeOnline, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    Thank you for the much appreciated feedback. I'm glad you like the game so far and we will take your comments seriously to improve the game experience. We weren't sure about the 3D Touch implementation, but it seems that the experience is good enough to keep it based on your experience. So cool it works fine!

About the negative aspects you mention:
    - Free 2 Play: back a year ago, when the game was just a concept (and several iterations after too) we considered the option to make it a premium game, but our experience in the mobile market says that the premium market is not sustainable :(. You can't compete against free games if you want to survive the App Store so, F2P was our only way to go. What we have had always in mind is that we don't want to make it Pay to Win. Players are the most important asset for us and we won't make a cash machine out of the game.

About the longevity of the game (a.k.a. retention) has been one of our main concerns all over the development stage, but we think we have that covered too. In the near future we will be adding Multiplayer events so people can compete against each other. It's still in beta phase, but it will be released soon (I'll let you know over here too).

Thank you!

- Thanks for the 3D Touch impression! About the button to skip the current cinematic, we will be adding it in the next update. Thank you for pointing that out.

- The frame rate: we've been very focused on performance and I think we've got to a point that it works really well in a wide variety of iOS devices. We've been playing the game with a *decent* frame rate on iPad mini.

- About the F2P: as I said before, our main focus are the users and we don't want to make the game a pay to win. The balance is being hard, but we think it will pay off.

- The bugs you've spotted: thank you about that typo. We're from Spain and these kind of things usually happen. Correcting it now! :p

- The feedback we provide the user informing about the achievements: you're right. Sometimes it's not cristal clear why you've failed or how many bullets you have left. We will try to improve this, but it's not easily done because we don't want to interfere the user experience. But yes, it's something we definitely have to spend some hours in.

- The missions with destructible items: yes, by now there are some missions' achievements that you have to complete in order to get the 4 stars rating, but we will work on more destructible environment missions.

And finally, about the promo codes: we are preparing the build to send more of them. So expect them to arrive later today.

Thank you all for the interest! :)

16. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Sounds good to me! Thanks so much for the detailed response! I enjoy working with developers that listen to their players. :D

17. DeCeOnline

DeCeOnline Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Spain
    Thank you all for the good response. We've got a little overwhelmed for all the beta requests we've had so far and it's taking a little bit longer than we wanted to send them all, but we will deliver. In the meantime I advance that the bugs that have been already reported were fixed. Thanks for the amazing support!!

18. Tatsukage

Tatsukage New Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Game not able to start

I guys thanks for the test credentials , however since i've downloaded it through testflight , i'm unable to start the game , i get the main picture and left above the title, but afterwards nothing happens , the game won't start ! please help i would like to play and test this game!
    :confused:

19. DeCeOnline

DeCeOnline Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Spain
    I'm sorry to hear that. Could you be a little bit more specific about the issue? It would help a lot to know the device you are using and iOS version. Does the game crash or it just doesn't start at all?

Thanks!