★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A new and exciting twist on the classic beat matching formula, will MEMORY or RHYTHM be your downfall? Answer: could be both!

Not for the faint of heart, this game is for fans of that 'one more go' philosophy. Natural ability alone may not be enough, if you want to progress you'll need to develop those skills, so listen up, let the rhythm take hold, and tap to that beat!

FEATURES:-
5 individually crafted stages, each a unique concoction of household items ready to make noise at your command.
40 bespoke instruments. What sound does a Rubber Chicken make when squeezed by a vice? That and more will be revealed!
2 distinct modes, offering variation on play. Struggling with short sequences under time pressure? Maybe long sequences are more your thing.
7 musical based handicaps, set to delight and frustrate. Will you fall victim to the Decoy?
An interactive Titles Screen, that evolves as you progress. Take a break from the action to 'Jam Out' with the content you have unlocked there.
Game Center integration. Contains all the usual; high-scores targets to reach, new items to unlock, and various achievements to complete.

GAMEPLAY SUMMARY:-
Testing your mind and your ears, you must LISTEN to a sequence of beats, RECALL that sequence, and then REPEAT it back. A simple premise but one you will find can become quite challenging! Remembering the correct sequence is only the start, you'll need to respond in-time to the beat if you want to hit high-scores targets and unlock everything the game has to offer. If that wasn't enough, handicaps are introduced as you advance to keep you on your toes and ensure you'll always be slightly up against it! And did I mention time pressures?

A key part of this game requires you to use your EARS, so headphones (although not necessary) will enhance the experience and give you that bit of an advantage.

Happy beat tapping everyone! If you experience any issues or have something you'd like to say please do get in touch and/or follow sherpa reynolds at the relevant channels. son

sonofnab's comments:
Hello everyone, son of sherpa reynolds here. Id like to present to you my first game in almost 5 years Finger Band.

Would be great to know your first impressions based upon how its presented, what you think it offers etc. If you drop a few thoughts below, ill be sure to repay you for your time with a PromoCode so you can go on and try it out for yourself! (prob limit it to 10 for now). Not interested in a code but have some thoughts anyway? No worries, always happy to hear what people have to say even if its a rant at how utterly appalled by it all they are.

All the best,
son

12-02-2016, 10:01 AM
First impressions after 20 minutes - I'm bordering on the mildly appalled. At the start of play there is a half-second lag between screen tap and sound which makes timekeeping impossible. It seems like this delay is caused by the sound samples being loaded, as the delay disappears after the first few taps, but it's still not a good start. The gnome puts me off as the sound and visual of his hitting the metal ring seems out of synch. Then, on a personal note, the metronome is too low pitch for me. The frequency merges with those of the drum and bottle making it diffucult to hit the beats, so I would appreciate the option of a traditional high pitch 'click' sound. In the meantime I'll stick with it and try to complete Air on a G Spring.

12-02-2016, 10:22 AM
Oh damn... sorry to hear that Stronsay. I would say that's fair comment to be mildly appalled by that! Do you mind me asking what device you're using? It has been extensively tested on iPhones 4S and up and aside from an occasional lag on the 4S upon first play I haven't experienced any out of sync beats etc.

I appreciate the personal thoughts, I want to improve it so it is as accessible to people as possible, but obviously everyone has slightly different preferences with these things. There are a variety of metronomes as the game progresses (different for each stage) so maybe I could introduce the option to select the one you prefer...

Again, sorry your initial impressions haven't been great.
12-02-2016, 11:06 AM
Hi sonofnab. I'm using iPad 4 iOS 10.1.1. The lag only occurs on first play as you mention. OK after that. I guess I can work through it. The 'metrongnome' issue is more a visual thing. Sound doesn't match when he hits the ring, but the beat timing is actually correct. It's fine as long as I don't look at him! I'll progress further to hear the other timing effects. At present I'm slightly ahead of you on the 'round repeat' chart.
12-02-2016, 12:30 PM
Ha! Fair play, can't be doing too bad then Cheers for the info, I have struggled to narrow down what causes it on the 4S, it really doesn't make sense why it does it on that first play and not others but I'm going to try my best to optimise some more and stamp it out entirely for future versions. One of the goals of the game was to get people to focus on using their ears a bit more, rather than overly rely on visual cues but I understand that must be off putting, so again will look to rectify it.

If you've got any other feedback I'd be glad to hear it, what made you give it a go in the first place for example. But don't feel obliged, just enjoy the game! (as best you can whilst waiting for updates etc.)
12-02-2016, 01:27 PM
Well here's a thing; I was afraid to press the button with the dustbin icon in case it deleted all my progress. I've since figured out that it's another percussion instrument! Along with the ship's wheel. That's a new one on me.
I gave this a go in the first place due to being a rhythm junkie. My other hobby is playing in a jazz band. Probably why I need a higher pitched gnome sound. Give him some snares and brushes.
12-02-2016, 07:23 PM
For a second I thought it was called 'finger bang'.
12-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaymerX View Post
Doesn't work. Playing on iPad Pro with latest iOS. Sorry, needs major fixing. Requesting refund.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
12-02-2016, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Doesn't work. Playing on iPad Pro with latest iOS. Sorry, needs major fixing. Requesting refund.
Well, so much for that! Guess I'll wait and see if they update this and if they do and there's no issues, I might pick this up then, but for now, I'm holding off!
12-02-2016, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaymerX View Post
I'd buy a finger bang simulator game! I'm sure we all could think of what we'd like to see there! 😉