★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Old-School Space Exploration/Combat/Trading Sim 'Rogue Star' $2.99 > Free

12-04-2016, 01:10 AM
Old-School Space Exploration/Combat/Trading Sim 'Rogue Star' $2.99 > Free

In the tradition of the thirty years old open world game Elite (Wikipedia) but only the fun parts. Very recommended! Full premium, no ads, no "In-App-Purchases".

TA main thread

Senior member PeteOzzy:

Quote:
I'm so glad this is out, though it landed a lot sooner than I expected so I couldn't get as much played/impressions given as I'd have liked.

The main thing with this is the care and attention - the way all the alien races are unique with their own dispositions and animated emotions. It's a small team game but it really feels like something 2K etc. could put out. The dev has loads of ideas on how to expand it further if it does well too. Real good, old-school space exploration/combat/trading sim with great combat and seamless loading times. The visual style is really effective and memorable which is great for a genre that's generally bland.

I love this game and it's clearly made by someone who loved it as well. Can't wait to buy this and settle down to a whole weekend with it!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
12-04-2016, 02:39 AM
Ok, I get it. Thanks for recommendation.

Game Center: FiloMJ

My Steam Profile
12-04-2016, 04:20 AM
Sweet I had this on my watch list! Grabbing now.
12-05-2016, 12:22 PM
Unless you hate space/trading games, there is no good reason to not snag this gem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Checked multiple times yesterday and today. Still showing as full price on US ITunes store... :-(
12-06-2016, 02:59 AM
Full price on UK store still too.

TA price tracker shows it went free for 24hrs. Missed out but might buy it anyway, meant to pick it up ages ago and never got round to it.