Exogears2 -A Realtime Multiplayer Mech Action game - Recruiting Alpha Test Pilots!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ZombotStudio, Dec 5, 2016.

1. #1 ZombotStudio, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    Hello TA gamers!

We’re a small team of passionate developers who love mechs, shooters, and engaging multiplayer experiences. For the last year, we at Zombot Studio have been working hard on our newest project: Exogears2.

Exogears2 is a real-time PVP action game with heavy focus on mech customization and tactical combat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We’re currently looking for interested gamers to help us alpha-test our core game experience which will be starting on 12/10. This is an essential part of the process as we’re dedicated to building towards a competitive experience on mobile.

As a quick intro to Exogears2: it’s short burst, fun, and intense.
    Our goal is to create a persistent universe where players can build their own mechs and fight against others across the globe. We took inspiration from our favorite multiplayer action games like Dark Souls, Gundam VS series, Mechwarrior, and Armored Core, then condensed it into a more flavorful experience that fits well on mobile devices.

For the Alpha Test, we'll be focused on the PVP portion of the game.
    The goal is to test out our core gameplay as well as making sure our server architecture is rock solid for the full launch in early 2017.

How to sign up:

iOS: For iOS users, please pre-register by going to out website at http://www.zombotstudio.com.
    Please be aware that the minimum required hardware to run Exogears2 is iPhone5 or iPad3.

Android: Android users will be able to register for a test in early January 2017.

Below are some WIP screenshots of the game - including both PVE and PVP gameplay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For development updates or direct contact, you can also follow us on Facebook

2. Bethor

Bethor Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Looks great!
    Can't wait to try it out.
    Email sent

3. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    Love Love Love the idea

I just signed up too. Hope i get in. May i ask a question? Could we see the characters faces as they are in the mech bouncing around? I think that would be super cool #

4. Hey Kimchi, added you to the testers list. You should be getting an email later this week. Are you talking about having the pilots visible inside the mech during combat? The mechs are giant 12m tall (~40ft) beasts. the pilots' faces would be just a couple pixels on your device ;) We will have a couple character avatars for you to choose from when you first start the game though.

Thanks for the compliments! We've put a lot of effort into making the game stand out from other titles in the market. Please look out for an email from us later this week :)

5. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    email sent xD

6. Kimchisoju

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    Cant wait!

The avatars. Thats what i meant im sorry. Seeing their faces. But anyways, once i get that email, its booting right up an ill try an find bugs too. I would love to see this game succeed

7. Kimchisoju

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    I don't know why there isn't more people wanting this!

There are top notch developers making this game from Bungie, 2K, Rockstar and Ubisoft. If there is more talented people on a mech fighting game, its these people here.

8. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Looks incredible. I've tested numerous games for devs here and I would love to play this.

9. Thanks! Please look out for an email from us.

We discussed this internally actually. There are a couple creative ways we can display avatars during combat :) Thanks for the compliments once again! We're always pushing for that console like gaming experience on mobile.

Fantastic! That's the exact kind of experience we're looking for. Please let us know your thoughts after trying out our Alpha build.

10. Crazyboy423

Crazyboy423 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Studdent
    France
    Got my Testflight invite. Download the game, i Need some opponents

11. hey Crazyboy, Thanks for downloading the build. We're having some issues with the server selection now. Currently, you'll only match with players from your region. We are pushing out a build soon that locks everyone to the same region. This should help with matchmaking until we have a little more users in the game :D

Please stayed tuned.

12. TYLO

TYLO Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Game froze after finishing unrank match. Device is iPad Pro.

13. Airsoftpopcorn

Airsoftpopcorn Active Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Game almost froze for me too after unranked
    Iphone6s

14. adamlax

adamlax Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Male
    I can't submit my email on the website. My internet connection is fine so idk if it's a problem on my side or not.

15. Did you get stuck on the combat result screen? Did any error messages show up?

Did you see any error messages? which part almost froze?

Hey Adam, i just checked the website. We're still getting incoming signups actively. You can also PM me your email directly. I'll have you added to the build.

16. Bethor

Bethor Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Game also froze on me after a match when I exploded. iPad mini2

17. Bethor, were looking into this issue now. Are you still getting the same error in subsequent matches?

18. #18 ZombotStudio, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    Hey guys!

Thanks for all the overwhelming responses. The Zombot team is working hard adding new content and squashing bugs.

Our next test build will be out within the next 24 hours. So if you haven't yet, please sign up through our website or PM me your address. If you're in the current build already, you'll be notified via Testflight.

We got some cool updates coming soon; including a super cool training mode that will allow you to test out your skills in combat :)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Pilots! Alpha test is officially underway. We'll be doing our first stream tonight (12/18) at 7pm PST (台北早上11點) on Mobcrush. Please tune in into the stream for Exogears updates and fights. If you're already in the test, please log in to the game and do a match against the Devs :)

https://www.mobcrush.com/zombot

20. Crazyboy423

Crazyboy423 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Studdent
    France
    This game needs more players. It's so good