★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: This cat's got problems.

Marooned on a moon where the currency is bananas, Jasper's rocket wasn't designed for paws and is horribly fuel inefficient. Luckily, a chain of service stations operated by monkeys accepts bananas for fuel. But just how far can Jasper get on such an alien moon orbiting a gas giant in a remote binary system, while avoiding prowling flying saucers?

"A kind and caring endless flyer with some nice ideas that's great for casual play" - PocketGamer

"Its part awkward endless rocketing, part delicate spaceship landing, and all adorable cat astronaut anxiety." - GameZebo

"Seem rather ridiculous? Well, it is, but delightfully so." - Couch Games

Features:

Procedurally generated terrain
120 progressively challenging goals
Fluid, physics based flying in either direction
Dreamy zen gameplay, visuals and original sound track
Dynamic lighting from multiple suns, a gas giant and shooting stars
Game Center integration with high score and best distance leaderboards
Ever changing weather conditions including thunderstorms, snow and rainbows
Beautiful nighttime flying with twinkling stars and glowing, gently swaying alien plants
Includes one plucky black cat, monkeys, flying saucers and timid droids in need of a lift

sea's comments:
Version 1.2 Is Meow Available!

And free-line for a limited time.
  • Updated flying aids for even more exciting, fur-raising rocketry.
  • Improved performance for more meow-velous game play.
  • Various bug fixes to avoid cat-astrophes.

Jasper's Rocket has launched!

Jaspers Rocket is a little bit silly, very beautiful, and a whole lot of fun. Jasper flies (or attempts to fly) a rocket. Also, there are monkeys, bananas, flying saucers and droids!

12-07-2016, 12:05 PM
What a beautiful looking game this is. Every planet should have multiple suns. Marvellous cat animations too. It's an interesting challenge mastering the controls and after some practice Jasper's rocket is scooting around quickly now. Only thing is I'm not sure what needs to be done to achieve a purrfect launch.

12-07-2016, 09:01 PM
Been having a lot of fun with this in the beta. Gameplay is rather simple (i.e. Steer ship left or right while searching for bananas), but the color and atmosphere are actually pretty engaging. I mean, a cat flying a rocket ship... Really that's enough reason to give it a go

Think sidescrolling lunar lander with requisite obstacles, refueling pads, and flying saucers.

Not super ambitious, but does what it sets out to do quite well and the mechanics provide a casual challenge with decent controls and a ridiculous and fun premise

This is a premium title with buckets of love poured into it! It comes well recommended and at 2 bucks you absolutely get way more than your money's worth.

I try to support small indie devs who make quality premium games.

Last edited by Gurney Halleck; 12-11-2016 at 01:24 AM.
12-08-2016, 12:42 AM
Hi Stronsay,

To achieve a "Purrfect Launch", you need to launch almost exactly as the countdown launch timer reaches zero. Not too early, and not too late.

Cheers and thanks for playing Jasper's Rocket!

Developer of Jasper's Rocket & Shape Garden
12-08-2016, 09:01 AM
Thanks for explanation sea.
12-16-2016, 07:37 AM
I think this is in inferior to the botch scotch brother (?) rocket game in every way. Controls are clunky, does not feel as smooth and is kind of "unengaging", I just feel not interested at all. It's free right now, so you may want to grab it but trying to compete with a very good and polished game is often too hard.
12-16-2016, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenxe View Post
I think this is in inferior to the botch scotch brother (?) rocket game in every way. Controls are clunky, does not feel as smooth and is kind of "unengaging", I just feel not interested at all. It's free right now, so you may want to grab it but trying to compete with a very good and polished game is often too hard.
From the app description I think the controls are deliberately designed to be 'twitchy'. The point of the game is to spend time mastering these rocket controls, and then it becomes enjoyable to fly around. It does take some practice though and you would need to be interested in learning. Well worth a try now that it's free.
01-09-2017, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronsay View Post
From the app description I think the controls are deliberately designed to be 'twitchy'. The point of the game is to spend time mastering these rocket controls, and then it becomes enjoyable to fly around. It does take some practice though and you would need to be interested in learning. Well worth a try now that it's free.
I agree about controls. Feels like a cat trying to fly and once I mastered controls I have been having a lot of fun flying around hunting bananas and fuel stations I recommend this for anyone looking for a casual challenge and a silly, but fun premise
01-09-2017, 03:35 PM
I really like this game!

Worth the $ imho.

Great atmosphere, both visually and musically!

It's a great game to sit back and chill with...especially with headphones.
06-17-2017, 03:34 PM
Free