★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Magical Tower Defense

10-19-2009, 05:26 AM
Magical Tower Defense

Magical Tower Defense looks very nice nice. There is also a lite version.
10-19-2009, 05:28 AM
You beat me. Was about to report this one
--------------

Lite Version : MAGICAL TOWER DEFENSE LITE

10-19-2009, 05:29 AM
I love the first bit of the description.

InvertY.com - A gaming diary.
10-19-2009, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Description:

This game is only one of TOWER DEFENSE’S games,
but characters are more cute than others games.
This game is easy and attractive to play for beginners,
because of using Extra spells and items.
This game has “TITLE” system that players can be gotten rank and unique name by their playing type.
Get “Freak” or “Lazy fellow” title!
I may bite just for that
10-19-2009, 05:55 AM
Looks like a nicer looking Final Fantasy. Characters and even level layout are too similar for my liking... hmmm.
10-19-2009, 06:32 AM
lol, i like the giant fist...d/l lite now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-19-2009, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
lol, i like the giant fist...d/l lite now
Do come back with impressions!
10-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Downloaded the Lite. Gives one level, but it's got 50 waves. I've had a couple of goes and haven't beaten it - just got to level 40. It's a fixed-path game and seems fairly similar to Crystal Chronicles.

The text is Engrish, as you can tell from the description, but good enough to give a decent description of the units.

You tap to place units, so no horrible virtual d-pad or anything. The power fills up as you kill enemies and when full you can use your special power (fireballs fill the screen) or wait for the power bar to fill up again for the next level of special power.

Can't tell how well-balanced it is, but it looks like the cheap archery units are far less useful than any other unit.

I only downloaded it because I was charmed by the description, but I am actually enjoying it. Whether it's worth buying when then are about fifteen million other TD games on the App Store I don't know, but it actually seems decent.

10-19-2009, 07:07 AM
I'm a sucker for TD games so it'll go on my appshopper list till it hits a $1, not that I mind apps priced over $1 I've bought tons of em but honestly the TD genre is too overflowing to be spending $3 on one
10-19-2009, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRevChap View Post
Can't tell how well-balanced it is, but it looks like the cheap archery units are far less useful than any other unit.
Just to prove myself wrong, I decided to try the Lite level using only archers and my special powers. Promptly completed all fifty waves, only losing two lives.

That's put me off a bit, I have to say, thought the congratulations message at the end of the level did promise that levels in the full version are more interesting.