Disqus ban.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Slaysme, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Slaysme

Slaysme Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I'd like to hear why I got banned from the comments by discus. Literally the only thing I can think of Is when I was speaking out against paetron, and advocating making an app with iap in addition. that is a REALLY crappy reason for a ban.

2. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #2 Ayjona, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    I was banned from TA's Disqus comments several years ago for arguing with one of the writers. No personal insults, no profanity, no inflammatory statements, no subversive attempts to overthrow the incumbent government, just very different opinions on the application of journalistic method in games reporting, firmly argued, and criticism of the perceived strawmanned response. (Some of my old contempt for the professional method of game reporters in general shone through, though, opinions I've since then partially revised).

Since then, I have emailed TA on four different occasions, asking for reasons for the ban, and for it to be lifted. I have never received a response.

3. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    Oh yeah, I also got banned a few years ago. Just make a new account and forget about it -- you'll never get removed from the Disqus banned list.