★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Hidden Folks - playtest / translate

12-14-2016, 10:29 AM
Hidden Folks - playtest / translate

Hey everyone!

I'm Adriaan de Jongh, an indie dev from Amsterdam (the Netherlands) and best known for the awkward iPad and iPhone games Fingle and Bounden. I'm currently working on a new game called Hidden Folks together with Sylvain Tegroeg, and it's set to release somewhere mid-February on iOS, Apple TV, and Steam - and probably Android later, if we can figure out how to optimise the game for lower end devices... (if you want to make sure you'll know when the game is out, sign up to get an email on release!)

We've been crunching real hard on the game over the past two months and we are making a lot of progress. We've been making new themes, added a lot of interactions, and did a lot of game design on the targets and the stories of the targets. All in all, I think we're about 50% done with the content right now. Some WIP screenshots:

As Hidden Folks' release is approaching real quick now, we want to make sure that we are on the right track by asking a few of you to help us out playtesting the game - preferably recording your screen and voice with it. On top of that, we are also looking for a few other people who would love to help us out translating the game to their native language, as we'd love as many people to play the game as possible.

Anyway, let us know if you want to help out playtest Hidden Folks or help out translate Hidden Folks!

Feedback and questions here on the TA forums are also much appreciated!!

Last edited by Adriaan; 12-14-2016 at 10:31 AM. Reason: fixing broken video
12-14-2016, 11:22 AM
So with the translation you need people that speak more than one language?

For example the person only speaks English

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Death Road To Canada is a nonstop thrill ride that will crack u up, haven't changed my signature since 2011 but this is worth it http://Death Road to Canada by Rocke...re/us/dfWqdb.i

12-14-2016, 11:39 AM
Correct - we made the game in English, which makes the game potentially difficult for someone from for instance China or Brazil (because not all school teach English there). So we are looking for people who speak English as a second language to help us translate Hidden Folks to their own language!
12-14-2016, 06:24 PM
Hi I'd like to playtest please azzajk29@gmail.com

I have seen too many men go down, and I never permit myself to forget that one day, through accident or under the charge of a younger, stronger knight, I too will go down.
12-14-2016, 07:21 PM
Hi Adriaan. I'm a game developer too and I can help you with translation to PT-BR (Brazil). Let me know if you're interested.
Good luck with your game, looks very cool
12-14-2016, 07:40 PM
This is very much my type of game. I'd love to play test using my screen and voice. Louisalfieri@gmail.com
12-14-2016, 07:52 PM
love to try the game xD gobear13@yahoo.com.sg
12-14-2016, 09:49 PM
Happy to give this a playtesting. I've not recorded from my iPad before, but I'm a regular twitch streamer, so I'm sure I can figure it out. baneau@gmail.com
12-14-2016, 10:15 PM
Spanish localization

Hi,
This game looks very nice.
If you need help to translate it into spanish I can be your man.
12-15-2016, 01:14 AM
I would love to help you translate this to Swedish.