★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Best App with hours of gameplay?

12-28-2008, 04:27 AM
Best App with hours of gameplay?

The games in the Appstore are great, but nothing magical, I'm still waiting for a fully fledged game for the iPod touch, something that would take up 1 Gig worth of memory, GTA on the touch maybe? That'd be awesome.

I'm looking for a game for the iPod touch 2G, which would keep me playing and playing, something like an RPG, a leveling up system or something. I do have Fieldrunners, but seriously, I got bored of that in an hour or so... to me it was overrated badly.
12-28-2008, 04:29 AM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
Try:
- Labyrinth
- 7 Cities TD
- Tangram Puzzle Pro
- KamiCrazy

12-28-2008, 05:20 AM
chronicals of inotia could keep you occupied for ages - sorry if i spelt it wrong
12-28-2008, 05:21 AM
Puzzlequest definitely. Fastlane is good when you're trying to unlock all those tracks, cars etc. Hero of sparta takes quite a while to finish as well. A game of Monopoly can take 3 hours, so that's pretty good. Hmmm, can't remember what's on my last page of apps lol.
12-28-2008, 05:34 AM
Vay?
12-28-2008, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox View Post
chronicals of inotia could keep you occupied for ages - sorry if i spelt it wrong
I stumbled across it, and I was gonna buy it, although from the reviews, there seems to be big FPS problems? And for $10, I don't really think there should be FPS problems ... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITrocks View Post
Puzzlequest definitely. Fastlane is good when you're trying to unlock all those tracks, cars etc. Hero of sparta takes quite a while to finish as well. A game of Monopoly can take 3 hours, so that's pretty good. Hmmm, can't remember what's on my last page of apps lol.
I was also thinking on puzzlequest! But it's a bad port?
I might be buying Hero Of Sparta tho.
12-28-2008, 10:12 AM
A menu-based turnbased RPG like pokemon , or final fantasy would work quite well with touch-screen I think!

Someone know of any games like that?
12-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispsInnOut View Post
A menu-based turnbased RPG like pokemon , or final fantasy would work quite well with touch-screen I think!

Someone know of any games like that?
You can try them in Nintendo DS. So far there is NO any games that are slightly similar to them, in the sense of storyline and game play.
12-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Arvale is turnbased but not in a final fantasy way. That game lasts for hours and hours. Definitely a long play time.

Just a gal who likes to write and has an unhealthy(probably) attachment to her iPod.

Top 6 favorite games right now: {Rogue Touch, Sway, Pocket God, Archibald's Adventure, Wolfenstein 3D, Platypus}
12-28-2008, 11:13 AM
If you lke Risk-type strategy games, you should check out LUX DLX. With tons of downloadable maps and more to come, the game never really gets old.