Can you please add an "Energy System" tag on game descriptions and reviews?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Rangerlump, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I am tired of installing games, forced through a 20 minute tutorial only to see there is an energy system, then delete it and repeat it on the next 5 new game releases.

2. TontikBunny

TontikBunny Active Member

Nov 14, 2016
    #2 TontikBunny, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    Sadly almost every game on mobile has energy system. Which is retarded as hell, I mostly insta delete them if the game is same shit

3. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I don't know whether or not TouchArcade has that ability, but reading through a games thread can be very enlightening.

I totally agree with your point though. It sucks to find out a game you're starting to enjoy is only going to let you play when it sees fit to. :(

4. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I don't see this as being feasible at all. Everyone has their own pet cause to rail against (whether it's energy timers, dual currencies, online connectivity, or IAP in general) and it would be a lot of trouble to try to cater to every weird thing people want by adding all these special tags to everything.

Plus, many games start out with no energy system and then add them later, which would confuse the whole system.

And finally, there's no financial incentive at all. It would be extra work to go around putting special tags on everything to satisfy the whims of F2P haters or what-have-you, and what would it accomplish? A few people would click articles less. There's no gain for TA, and they can't waste resources on that.

As the person above said, just going through forum threads is a good way to learn anything you want to learn about a game.

5. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Making games that are purely enjoyable to play is becoming a thing of the past. Companies spend more money researching how often you will buy IAP than they do developing the game.

I stopped developing mobile games after a decent run. It just isn't fun, and unless you are a greedy bastard, you won't make much money anymore.

If I am asked once whether or not I want to buy something within a game - nah that's just not gaming - it's "gaming" the customers.

A major publisher I signed up with suggested I charge players for gasoline in order to play Daredevil Dave. No way. I self published.

Haven't been here in awhile, thought I'd check in.