★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

anti piracy?

10-19-2009, 11:58 AM
anti piracy?

After reading so many articles on how developers are complaining about piracy, was thinking why most developers don't implement some anti piracy measures? I remember beejive blacklists your phone if you pirate it. A few other games just crash on install. I think taptap 3 also has something too. If a game is good and can't be played through piracy, the only choice left is to buy it =)
10-19-2009, 03:26 PM
There has already been much, much discussion on this topic and most people are resigned to the fact that you can't really stop the pirates. Those with any sort of skills will just dig into the code and bypass the measures that crash the phone etc. If your app requires server interaction it is much easier to implement measures but otherwise it is not worth the bother. Also, the feeling is that most pirates were never going to buy your app anyway so you haven't actually missed out on a sale as such.

That is a summary on most of the piracy topics on here I think Oh and many suggest that Apple should be doing more by implementing hardware anti-piracy measures.

Check out Sheepish, 100+ levels of puzzle fun! With sheep!
And more about us: www.pixelthismobile.com
plus+ id: Newtz