★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: NetDevo
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 56.0 MB
  • Version: 1.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: This unique tactical puzzle will keep you hooked!
Swipe in 4 directions and combine your pets to discover new ones.
Learn the animal sequence and create huge combos to unleash magic power-ups.
Compete with your friends and family to find new pets before they do.

Grandma got a monkey.
Uncle got a spider.
Dad got a donkey.

What strange pets will you find?

FEATURES
Discover mysterious lands and seas
Create massive combo chains
Find and collect unique voxel pets and magic heroes
Unleash unique magic power-ups
Discover secret quests
Enjoy endless gameplay
Compete in the leaderboards
Play for free

NetDevo's comments:

Hello all,

We've just released our new game called Strange Pets!

In it’s simplest form, Strange Pets is a game about finding all the pets you can. You do so, by traveling and parachuting from your plane onto exotic faraway places in the search for new pets.

During actual gameplay, you find new pets by combing two pets together.

The pets have a specific sequence in which they relate to each other. Learning and remembering this sequence is key to help you decide how to move and where to place your pets.

Getting your pets in the right place at the right time can reap rewards in the form of combos. You can create combos by chaining a group of pets in the correct sequence. The bigger the chain is the bigger the combo will be and in turn your reward. Combos will earn you coins and Magic Heroes.

Magic Heroes have special powers, a bit like a power up which can help you progress in the game. There are several different Magic Heroes to find with special magic powers to unleash.

Hope you love it!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/strange-pets/id1159402740?ls=1&mt=8
12-18-2016, 10:39 AM

12-19-2016, 05:39 AM
Hey guys, it's been very quiet. Has anybody tried it yet?
12-19-2016, 08:47 AM
This is a quiet thread. I like the peace and quiet myself. Nobody whinging about freemium, tilt controls, and why won't it run on MS-DOS.

Strange Pets reminds me of something else whose name escapes me. Here we have some cute animals which is always a good start. In addition to combining pets there is a learning and memory mechanic going on which adds an extra dimension. In order to develop a strategy I have to remember that a frog evolves into a chicken etc so that I can set up some future combos. I've only got as far as the fox so a long way to go yet. Magical heroes are mentioned but I'm not sure what they are. I guess I need higher combos.

Good game. Bright and colourful. What's not to like?
12-21-2016, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronsay View Post
This is a quiet thread. I like the peace and quiet myself. Nobody whinging about freemium, tilt controls, and why won't it run on MS-DOS.

Strange Pets reminds me of something else whose name escapes me. Here we have some cute animals which is always a good start. In addition to combining pets there is a learning and memory mechanic going on which adds an extra dimension. In order to develop a strategy I have to remember that a frog evolves into a chicken etc so that I can set up some future combos. I've only got as far as the fox so a long way to go yet. Magical heroes are mentioned but I'm not sure what they are. I guess I need higher combos.

Good game. Bright and colourful. What's not to like?
Thanks for the reply and very happy you like the game so far. Any luck with the heroes yet?
12-21-2016, 10:10 AM
Was also wondering what you guys think of the balance?
12-22-2016, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetDevo View Post
Any luck with the heroes yet?
Yes, have discovered some grey wizards and magic unicorns. Impressive results when combining those. The balance works well for me, becoming easier to progress once the combos are committed to memory. That was until I started a secret quest which produced a new bunch of evolutions for me to learn! That's keeping me interested though and I've now seen the spider and brown dwarf. There is more to Strange Pets than meets the eye and it's well worth taking some time to understand the workings.
01-03-2017, 05:52 AM
Hi guys, is anyone having any trouble being able to "Continue" from the continue screen?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 10.47.33.png
Views:	1
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	110056
01-03-2017, 08:51 AM
Never had any technical troubles with 'continues'. Works fine with ads or coins; though in practice I don't use this option much. Only if I'm on a good run with a high score. Otherwise it is better to start over. Continuing won't help with a poor board position.
01-03-2017, 05:58 PM
It gives this genre a face lift and something new to look at besides numbers and letters .
Unlockables and something to entertain you while your waiting.