I am worried no one will ever see the ads on our new free game

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Green Tea, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Green Tea

Green Tea Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    I am worried that the ads are too hidden in our new game. My partner feels it is good but you can play the entire game and never see an ad. Have any developers used this method? It was just published today so we still can change it in time.
    This is our new game https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/clear-all-!-!/id1186310855?mt=8

2. Xaron

Xaron Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    So what's exactly your question? When you try it by yourself you will see if the ads are coming or not and you can change it accordingly or is this just kind of a "marketing trick" to get more downloads? If so I think this is the wrong section as you won't get much attention here. ;)

3. Rocotilos

Rocotilos Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    iOS Apps & Games Developer
    LOL!. Sure looks like a gimmick. Btw, are u serious with the game? ALL GREY? whew...

4. Green Tea

Green Tea Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Most games I see have ads but our game only shows an ad if you want a hint to solve the puzzle. My partner says to put ads during the game is a very bad idea. Is he right?

5. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    You should consider putting ads in places where there is a natural transition or a post elation moment.

For example, "good" places to put ads are banners in menus, on loading screens or between levels, and when returning from the game or submenus to the main menu. "Bad" places to put ads are banners during gameplay, ads that appear randomly during gameplay, and interstitials that appear after the player clicks to play or otherwise do something where they expected an immediate result.

6. Green Tea

Green Tea Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Sorry you don't think the game is good.

7. Green Tea

Green Tea Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Maybe my partner is right. The game layout is very simple and the ad would distract from the game.

8. alex_p

alex_p Well-Known Member

If you are worried just do an update.

9. Green Tea

Green Tea Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    My partner has good judgement and has made final decision on games that made over $100,000 USD a month so I should wait and see. Now we are nearly finished our 3rd game and it is a quick action game so we should be using other logic for ads

10. Green Tea

Green Tea Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Thank you to everyone for your advice. We are just about to finish a new game and will try some of those methods you suggested

11. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    PikPok knows what they're talking about... their newish Rival Stars College Football has me opting into ads about 100 times a day. Maybe more.

12. Green Tea

Green Tea Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    How does some opt into an ad? Sorry sort of new at this so I don't quiet understand but want to learn

13. FGL_Rozek

FGL_Rozek Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Community Relations @ Enhance
    Its completely understandable to not want to put in any interstitial ads. There are some games that seem to make players mad every time they see them, some games, it doesn't bother anyone. You will really have to figure out ad placement here. If you feel like its bothering the player, back off.... find a good common ground. Using reviews on google play would be helpful too.

For the ads you are running now, I would suggest rewarded video ads, setting up multiple networks in a waterfall and mediating them. Which networks? How much time would that take? Read on.........

Using Enhance®, it has never been easier to integrate 3rd party services into your project or to keep them up to date. (Ads, Mediation, Analytics, Attribution, Crash Reporting and more) With little to NO coding at all, Enhance® will have you ready to roll in a matter of minutes. No more hours of coding!

We work with many of the top networks and as mentioned earlier there are other 3rd party services that Enhance® supports and offers as well.

What does all of this mean? It means you don't have to spend all of your time implementing or updating SDK's. No more hours of coding just to find out that you don't like a network or a network doesn't work good for you.... Enhance® allows you to quickly swap out SDK's so you can check out different networks more easily! No more time spent just to bring your current SDK's up to the newest version... With Enhance®, you can be done in a few clicks of your mouse.

For more information on the fastest way to implement and update SDK's, follow the link : http://fgl.io/2lf

[​IMG]

14. alex_p

alex_p Well-Known Member

The enhance tool looks interesting... anyone used it?

15. mokoolapps

mokoolapps Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Male
    Mobile App Developer
    It will have to be a balance of excellent game play and monetization.

You never want to put ads in the middle of the game. Maybe banners if you have volume to your and in a way that users do not interfere with it.

I think the only way you will really know is by testing it. If you trust your partner and they have had success, then I would suggest start in that manner and let the data guide you. If your not making any money, then maybe add in content that you have watch rewarded videos to unlock.

IF you use interstials, maybe have it every few games instead of every game.

Best of luck. I am also posting this later then other posts, so maybe you got new info?