★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

I am worried no one will ever see the ads on our new free game

12-21-2016, 12:27 AM
#1
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 33
I am worried no one will ever see the ads on our new free game

I am worried that the ads are too hidden in our new game. My partner feels it is good but you can play the entire game and never see an ad. Have any developers used this method? It was just published today so we still can change it in time.
This is our new game https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/clear-all-!-!/id1186310855?mt=8
12-21-2016, 04:21 AM
#2
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 150
So what's exactly your question? When you try it by yourself you will see if the ads are coming or not and you can change it accordingly or is this just kind of a "marketing trick" to get more downloads? If so I think this is the wrong section as you won't get much attention here.

My dev blog - including app sales reports!
Silent Depth - a submarine game
Facebook

12-21-2016, 09:19 AM
#3
LOL!. Sure looks like a gimmick. Btw, are u serious with the game? ALL GREY? whew...
12-21-2016, 09:55 PM
#4
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaron View Post
So what's exactly your question? When you try it by yourself you will see if the ads are coming or not and you can change it accordingly or is this just kind of a "marketing trick" to get more downloads? If so I think this is the wrong section as you won't get much attention here.
Most games I see have ads but our game only shows an ad if you want a hint to solve the puzzle. My partner says to put ads during the game is a very bad idea. Is he right?
12-21-2016, 11:12 PM
#5
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Wellington
Posts: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tea View Post
Most games I see have ads but our game only shows an ad if you want a hint to solve the puzzle. My partner says to put ads during the game is a very bad idea. Is he right?
You should consider putting ads in places where there is a natural transition or a post elation moment.

For example, "good" places to put ads are banners in menus, on loading screens or between levels, and when returning from the game or submenus to the main menu. "Bad" places to put ads are banners during gameplay, ads that appear randomly during gameplay, and interstitials that appear after the player clicks to play or otherwise do something where they expected an immediate result.
12-21-2016, 11:43 PM
#6
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocotilos View Post
LOL!. Sure looks like a gimmick. Btw, are u serious with the game? ALL GREY? whew...
Sorry you don't think the game is good.
12-21-2016, 11:45 PM
#7
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 33
Maybe my partner is right. The game layout is very simple and the ad would distract from the game.
12-22-2016, 07:05 AM
#8
Joined: Aug 2015
Location: London
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tea View Post
I am worried that the ads are too hidden in our new game. My partner feels it is good but you can play the entire game and never see an ad. Have any developers used this method? It was just published today so we still can change it in time.
This is our new game https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/clear-all-!-!/id1186310855?mt=8
If you are worried just do an update.
12-22-2016, 11:58 PM
#9
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_p View Post
If you are worried just do an update.
My partner has good judgement and has made final decision on games that made over $100,000 USD a month so I should wait and see. Now we are nearly finished our 3rd game and it is a quick action game so we should be using other logic for ads
12-25-2016, 02:43 AM
#10
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 33
Thank you to everyone for your advice. We are just about to finish a new game and will try some of those methods you suggested