Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-17-2008, 07:17 PM

Default Atari requested to remove BreakClassic

Atari has requested that BreakClassic and BreakTouch 3D be removed from AppStore.

What do you think?

BreakClassic:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=286136632&mt=8

BreakTouch 3D:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=285549513&mt=8

Last edited by bootant; 09-18-2008 at 06:40 PM..
Old 09-17-2008, 07:25 PM

r u going to make them free LOL
Old 09-17-2008, 07:28 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootant View Post
Atari requested to remove BreakClassic and BreakTouch 3D from AppStore.

What do you think?

BreakClassic:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=286136632&mt=8

BreakTouch 3D:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=285549513&mt=8

thats really a shame. Did they give a good reason for it??

Its a shame when devs that make quality games are being forced to pull games like this =(
Old 09-17-2008, 08:07 PM

That sucks, the game is well done. But c'mon let's face it, it's not an original idea, so no ones at fault here. There's only one thing you can do, release them again for free, and try to snuff out all the business that they can make.

Last edited by dudehuge; 09-17-2008 at 08:20 PM..
Old 09-17-2008, 08:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to DeadlySquirrels

I have an idea: change the name to BiiTouch and BiiTouch3D, then change the look of the game and make the ball hit triangles that look like the ones in trism.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudehuge View Post
But c'mon let's face it, it's not an original idea, so no ones at fault here.
You can't copyright nor patent ideas, at least in most countries. So telling people to get lost because they did a better implementation of your idea is insane. Now, using the term "break" or "breakout" does give Atari claim that you are trying to capitalize on their copyrights and trademarks. Which is a no-no. So just change the names and make them compete.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafikrobot View Post
You can't copyright nor patent ideas, at least in most countries. So telling people to get lost because they did a better implementation of your idea is insane. Now, using the term "break" or "breakout" does give Atari claim that you are trying to capitalize on their copyrights and trademarks. Which is a no-no. So just change the names and make them compete.
What if I copied the idea and gameplay for Shards grafik, call it Fragments and release it for $0.99, and for example sake it turned out to be better than yours. (I like your game I have it btw ;P) Would you feel the same?

Last edited by dudehuge; 09-17-2008 at 09:20 PM..
Old 09-17-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudehuge View Post
What if I copied the idea and gameplay for Shards grafik, call it Fragments and release it for $0.99, and for example sake it turned out to be better than yours. (I like your game I have it btw ;P) Would you feel the same?
Yep, I would be fine with that. After all, it's not like I didn't take ideas (a.k.a. inspiration) from other games. If being like another game was the only criteria needed to get others out of the market there would only be one FPS game. And just think how boring that would be!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafikrobot View Post
I don't know what the intellectual property laws are in America (I'm in Canada - we're covered!), but unless they're going to go after every implementation of the idea and not just the ones that actually represent competition for them, then I'm with the "kiss my a$$" camp! Change the name and wish them luck competing with you!

I'm telling all my friends to buy BreakTouch3D or whatever name you call it, and they're both gonna buy it!
Old 09-18-2008, 03:19 AM

Well, without knowing exactly what Atari told you guys I just can't say something to this. However, of course your games are a copy of breakout. We even had breakout on our old nanos builtin and it's well know that it was developed by steve wozniak for atari. And the review in the store say "that's breakout for the iPhone". So I think it understandable that Atari sees a connection between your games and their games. And now to the interesting stuff, what exactly did Atari tell you?