★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Blackjack Buddies mixes the best parts of the classic card game with a crossword game board. It is a completely new way to play the game of blackjack head-to-head against your friends in iMessage!

It is now even easier to start a game on iMessage. Just tap 'Play in iMessage' in the main app, then enter your friends number and press send.

Play with friends, family or other fools and find out who is the smartest. Make epic combos with blackjacks all across the board to score amazing points.

Please note that playing the game over iMessage is only compatible with devices on iOS 10.0 or above.

***** Blackjack Buddies Highlights *****

Play over iMessage - easy to challenge friends
Innovative take on a classic game - combining best parts of blackjack and crossword
Make a 21 in any direction - connect and build on existing cards on the board
Use more cards to make a 21 to score higher points - a challenge even for the most experienced players
Plan your moves well to score combos and to hit 2X multiplier for suited blackjacks
Swap up to 5 cards to gamble for the big time win!
Hot seat multiplayer built into the app - play the game with anyone in the local pass-and-play mode.


Enjoy! WP GG TY
12-22-2016, 06:55 AM
#2
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Taiwan & Japan
Posts: 2,366
What a huge disappointment, I was so looking forward to playing that one until I found out it's multiplayer only... i just want to play against the AI as it's hard to find someone to play against.

12-22-2016, 02:12 PM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstout View Post
What a huge disappointment, I was so looking forward to playing that one until I found out it's multiplayer only... i just want to play against the AI as it's hard to find someone to play against.
I think the dev said they might update with a n AI option?
That would be good.
12-22-2016, 04:13 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Taiwan & Japan
Posts: 2,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
I think the dev said they might update with a n AI option?
That would be good.
It would be great because the game itself is really good, i like it a lot.
12-22-2016, 07:01 PM
#5
Joined: Dec 2016
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 5
Thanks for checking out the game. We're working hard on a feature that would let you challenge other players (without having to bug your friends), in a similar way as Words with Friends. It would've been great to have this in for launch, but we wanted to get the game out and start getting some feedback.

Thanks again for playing . Feel free to ping us with more feedback.
12-22-2016, 07:51 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Taiwan & Japan
Posts: 2,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by rise View Post
Thanks for checking out the game. We're working hard on a feature that would let you challenge other players (without having to bug your friends), in a similar way as Words with Friends. It would've been great to have this in for launch, but we wanted to get the game out and start getting some feedback.

Thanks again for playing . Feel free to ping us with more feedback.
Excellent job dev! Your game is great, we just need a solo and an online multiplayer and it will be perfect!
12-22-2016, 09:06 PM
#7
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 258
Perfect example of the kind of game I play with friends and coworkers. Fun and addictive. Please add online multiplayer.
12-23-2016, 08:47 AM
#8
I can't figure out how to run this.
I open a game, hit iMessage, send a move, then click the App Store icon in the message and enable the game but then it never reaches the other person.
Tried it in reverse too...
12-23-2016, 06:28 PM
#9
Joined: Dec 2016
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
I can't figure out how to run this.
I open a game, hit iMessage, send a move, then click the App Store icon in the message and enable the game but then it never reaches the other person.
Tried it in reverse too...
Yeah, it's a bit confusing how to start an iMessage game at the moment. We're working on a couple of things to make it easier.

Here's a few steps that might help. (I'll update with screenshots when at my laptop)
- Open iMessage
- Choose an existing conversation or tap the new message icon (top right)
- Type the number or name of the person you want to play against
- Tap the App Store icon above the keyboard
- Tap the 4 ovals app drawer icon (bottom left)
- If you see a blackjack Buddies icon, tap to open then start game
- If you don't see it, tap the plus button then the manage tab in the store.
- from here find Blackjack Buddies in the list and turn the slider so that it is on. (Now the game will be available on the app drawer.)

It's a bit of a process, but we're working on a way to make it easier. Thanks for your patience.
12-23-2016, 09:44 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rise View Post
Yeah, it's a bit confusing how to start an iMessage game at the moment. We're working on a couple of things to make it easier.

Here's a few steps that might help. (I'll update with screenshots when at my laptop)
- Open iMessage
- Choose an existing conversation or tap the new message icon (top right)
- Type the number or name of the person you want to play against
- Tap the App Store icon above the keyboard
- Tap the 4 ovals app drawer icon (bottom left)
- If you see a blackjack Buddies icon, tap to open then start game
- If you don't see it, tap the plus button then the manage tab in the store.
- from here find Blackjack Buddies in the list and turn the slider so that it is on. (Now the game will be available on the app drawer.)

It's a bit of a process, but we're working on a way to make it easier. Thanks for your patience.
Thanks! I'll try it.