★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best Smash Bros Clone for IOS?

12-23-2016, 06:11 PM
#1
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 1
Best Smash Bros Clone for IOS?

I've seen a couple games that sort of fit the formula but nothing significant. Likely the best would be Dino Smash, the full version is no longer in the appstore fyi.

Super Smash Clash Brawler is supposedly a really bad clone

Fright Fight is supposed to be sort of good

Muffin Knight was dissapointing


It's been a while in the appstore and was wondering if any hidden gem could do good
12-23-2016, 07:55 PM
#2
Super Boys - The Big Fight by Moof games isn't half bad.

12-23-2016, 10:54 PM
#3
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,543
Why not grab an emulator and get the real thing? That's what I did! 😉
12-23-2016, 11:12 PM
#4
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Why not grab an emulator and get the real thing? That's what I did! 😉
Which one would you recommend?
12-26-2016, 01:06 PM
#5
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by neca View Post
Which one would you recommend?
I have like 6 emulators for different systems! Love 'em! For Super Smash Bros., I'd go with Mupen64. The game works perfectly! Best place to go by far is not here, but Android for emus!
12-26-2016, 03:43 PM
#6
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
I have like 6 emulators for different systems! Love 'em! For Super Smash Bros., I'd go with Mupen64. The game works perfectly! Best place to go by far is not here, but Android for emus!
By that do you mean Retroach using the mupen64 core?

I'll edit my own comment. Yes it's in Retroach.
Problem is the controls for this game were not built for touchscreen. For instance you'll never be able to use the left and right trigger buttons because they're at the top of the screen and you'll never be able to do button combinations (hold A +B) at the same time, or if you do it will be no where near the consistency of a real controller. I just gave this game a go in Retroarch using mupen64 and yeh, all I could manage was punch punch punch punch punch.

Last edited by Talbs; 12-26-2016 at 04:40 PM.
12-28-2016, 06:51 PM
#7
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
By that do you mean Retroach using the mupen64 core?

I'll edit my own comment. Yes it's in Retroach.
Problem is the controls for this game were not built for touchscreen. For instance you'll never be able to use the left and right trigger buttons because they're at the top of the screen and you'll never be able to do button combinations (hold A +B) at the same time, or if you do it will be no where near the consistency of a real controller. I just gave this game a go in Retroarch using mupen64 and yeh, all I could manage was punch punch punch punch punch.
Well, you know what to expect accounting for that going in knowing it is what is.....
But hey, you got the game, it looks good, and it does work!