★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Neanderbal: Sokoban with exploding mushrooms. FREE for 24hrs

10-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Neanderbal: Sokoban with exploding mushrooms. FREE for 24hrs

I've just released a new puzzle game for iPhone called Neanderbal.

Thanks for the help!
Jesse
Onyxx Design
www.onyxxdesign.com

Last edited by Prab; 10-25-2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Changed into a game thread instead of promo code
10-19-2009, 10:20 PM

10-19-2009, 10:59 PM
so far im really impressed with the graphics and sound, its a decent puzzler with a nice presentation. The D-pad works for movement but sometimes its a little twitchy, which kind of makes me wonder how much this game would benefit from swipe control options. The gameplay is good so far although Im only 10 mins in, some of the puzzles have me thinking. More soon...
10-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Just posting to say BLUBBLE is a good game that I enjoyed a lot. This one looks good too, no time to review anything atm so I'll pass. Maybe buying it one of these days
10-19-2009, 11:04 PM
The games pretty fun. Challenging getting the ball to crush all the eggs but then get stuck against the edge of the "map". frustrating. But still really fun. I have only played a few levels so far but is worth it iTunes review in a while

Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch
10-20-2009, 10:44 PM
left my review for you in itunes, thank you for the promo

As I said in my itunes review, overall I really enjoyed the game...my only issues were:
-sensitivity of the controls - for me they were very sensitive and I wound up accidentally pushing the boulder or walking in crazy directions that I didn't want to go in a lot
-hard to tell where the puzzle borders are - I found myself frequently pushing the boulder around and would find myself at an edge with no way to walk around and push the boulder back or otherwise fix the situation and was forced to reset the puzzle...this happened a bunch and was frustrating

Because of the frequent need to reset puzzles...either to start over or to get a better score...if you could implement it so that the reset button is on the main play screen (check out Twilight Golf to see what I mean) that would be really awesome.

The graphics were cute and I liked the "umgawa!" at finishing a puzzle...lol, reminded me of Tarzan .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the code! I really liked Blubble, and I like this game too. Very nice puzzle game- a lot of fun. Graphics are well done. No lags or crashes. The game has a resume option so you don't lose your progrees if you exit out or get a phone call. I thought the difficulty of the puzzles ramped up nicely. The only problem I had was that I found it too easy to get the boulder stuck on the sides. I also like Devilishly Good's idea of adding the restart button directly to the game screen, since you end up needing to restart the levels a lot. This game should be a favorite of puzzle fans. Leaving a review on iTunes.
10-25-2009, 12:43 AM
Now FREE for 24hrs. Get Blubble by this dev as well. Also free for 24hrs.

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
10-25-2009, 04:29 AM
That's super generous. Thanks Onyxx Design!
10-25-2009, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
That's super generous. Thanks Onyxx Design!
+1

thaaaanks!