★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A Ninja cannot be seen. If you see it, it's not a Ninja.

Break out in Breakout Ninja and be the number one out-breaking Ninja! Compete against friends, destroy buildings and beat the bad guys!

FEATURES
- 8 Infinite levels!
- 8 three-star levels!
- 36 hard levels!
- ... and everything else you could ever ask for!

Remember to use the Breakout Ninja iMessage Stickers too!

REVIEWS
"Be water, my friend." -Bruce Lee
"Download it if you're looking for another super solid one-button action game." -Touch Arcade
"A one-touch runner with a style of its own." -Pocket Gamer

Before downloading, please be aware that this game is super awesome and you'll really like it.

Follow on
https://www.facebook.com/parttimemonkey
https://twitter.com/terikoinen

Part Time Monkey's comments:
Hey all! Monkey man here. My latest game Breakout Ninja is now available on iOS:

It's fresh from the oven so it might not yet appear in the App Store search, so use the link provided!

It's a small game that you'll likely play for about 30 minutes fully hooked and then throw in the trash, but that 30 minutes should be pretty good!

Here's some images and a video. I hope you dig it.

YouTube preview:

I'd gladly hear any thoughts on it. The current game is randomized endless gameplay so I'm planning on making some levels for it, like 10 pre-made levels if the launch goes good enough.
01-04-2017, 05:13 AM
5 minute gameplay

Really like this game!

Youtube link | Pop Up

01-04-2017, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan27 View Post
Really like this game!
Thanks Bryan27, you're the first outsider to comment on the game, so that means a lot to me!

And thanks Red1 for embedding the vid!
01-04-2017, 05:18 AM
Bryan27, I just realized you made the gameplay vid too, nice, and thank you!
01-04-2017, 11:35 AM
Great little time killer!

I'm into minimalistic design and looks, and this game delivers. It's really simple (I mean, it could not be any simplier than this) but it just works.
01-04-2017, 12:41 PM
Thematically, whenever I see the shadowy Limboesque artwork, I'm immediately turned off by the game. However, it really plays well here given the ninja moving through the shadows. The varying backgrounds and color schemes helps to spice things up. While the one-handed tap mechanic is easy, it isn't always easy to hit center as the game speeds up. Add into the mix, the varied environs and the ninja's acrobatic moves which can add an extra beat to one's anticipated flow and you have some good challenging gameplay. I've only scored in the low 100s, and all I've seen are stationary objects and opponents. I'm uncertain if the addition of movements from opponents becomes a factor in later stages, atm.

Recommendations:
1. Lower the "Perfect" visual cue from the top to near the ninja for better recognition
2. Add visual cues for "Good" and "Too early" or "late" for every dot. This would help users gauge timing more easily given the progressive changes in speed on the fly
4. Add a pause button

Questions:
1. The dev mentioned that he may add 10 more levels. If I pay the full IAP, how many levels do I get?
2. Is this an endless game or is there an objective?
3. What do the shadings on the stars mean at the end of each run?

Overall, this is a really cool game that is a lot of fun.

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 01-04-2017 at 01:39 PM.
01-04-2017, 12:47 PM
Love the game but add coins for unlockable characters!
01-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Needs unlockables but other than that, FANTASTIC. The art style is amazing and I love the look of the fences passing by as you hop over them! Kudos to the dev! I'll definitely follow your work from now on. Fun little game to play for a few minutes.
01-04-2017, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Thematically, whenever I see the shadowy Limboesque artwork, I'm immediately turned off by the game. However, it really plays well here given the ninja moving through the shadows. The varying backgrounds and color schemes helps to spice things up. While the one-handed tap mechanic is easy, it isn't always easy to hit center as the game speeds up. Add into the mix, the varied environs and the ninja's acrobatic moves which can add an extra beat to one's anticipated flow and you have some good challenging gameplay. I've only scored in the low 100s, and all I've seen are stationary objects and opponents. I'm uncertain if the addition of movements from opponents becomes a factor in later stages, atm.

Recommendations:
1. Lower the "Perfect" visual cue from the top to near the ninja for better recognition
2. Add visual cues for "Good" and "Too early" or "late" for every dot. This would help users gauge timing more easily given the progressive changes in speed on the fly
4. Add a pause button

Questions:
1. The dev mentioned that he may add 10 more levels. If I pay the full IAP, how many levels do I get?
2. Is this an endless game or is there an objective?
3. What do the shadings on the stars mean at the end of each run?

Overall, this is a really cool game that is a lot of fun.
I've been playing a bit today as well. You've explained the gameplay really well. I agree with the recommendation to line the hit bubbles up more with the ninja. When you're up high in the air it's hard to judge when to tap because the circle is below your guy.

@ColeDaddy
The star at the end of the round fills up more as you play. When it's full, you are promoted to a new rank, I believe.
01-04-2017, 06:11 PM
Best game Icon this year, very cool, the year is still young but this is a start.

Like the game, looks great, first I thought it looks a little light on the gameplay but it's great fun and I got 165 points so far, and bought the ad remover just for support and those annoying ads of course ha ha.