★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Does Apple notify you if you're featured or in any special section?

10-20-2009, 03:33 AM
Does Apple notify you if you're featured or in any special section?

Does Apple notify you if you're featured or in any special section? Just wondering. Thanks.
10-20-2009, 04:03 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to rdklein
We were featured some month ago with POC but never got a feedback, you will see it in the sales increasing suddenly.

RadioactivityCounter on App Store developer of this App RadioactivityCounter 2012
Ports of Call on App Store developer of this game 1986-2009,

10-20-2009, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdklein View Post
We were featured some month ago with POC but never got a feedback, you will see it in the sales increasing suddenly.
Thanks.
10-20-2009, 06:26 AM
They will only contact you if they need additional graphics, for example you're getting put into the main banner at the top of the app store. With that one exception, nobody I have ever heard of was called. Apple didn't call me either, but I found out from friends e-mailing me when I was featured

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!
10-20-2009, 06:29 AM
I got an email from Apple when one of my games was added to "What we're Playing."

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkanigon View Post
Does Apple notify you if you're featured or in any special section? Just wondering. Thanks.
10-20-2009, 07:10 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to rdklein
seems to be different, in germany we had "What we're Playing." for poc but no email, so maybe it depends on who decides on this.

RadioactivityCounter on App Store developer of this App RadioactivityCounter 2012
Ports of Call on App Store developer of this game 1986-2009,
10-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Agreed it's pretty arbitrary, and people shouldn't assume they'll be contacted.

For a while, Apple wasn't even sending email notifications when app updates were approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdklein View Post
seems to be different, in germany we had "What we're Playing." for poc but no email, so maybe it depends on who decides on this.
10-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Str8ts 6 x 6 just showed up on What" We're Playing" No email or correspondence from iTunes. When this happens it is important to polish the app descriptions and screen shots etc.as quickly as possible! We noticed the feature due to sales increases as well the next day.
10-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Something like appfigures.com can help you spot if you've been featured in another country - they show the top 100 rankings for all countries, so you'll notice within an hour or two if you get a big bump (before your sales reports are in.)
10-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher View Post
Something like appfigures.com can help you spot if you've been featured in another country - they show the top 100 rankings for all countries, so you'll notice within an hour or two if you get a big bump (before your sales reports are in.)
We use MajicRank for the same thing and noticed a big bump today, Invisible Links was put on the front app store page of New and Noteworthy. Previously it was on the app store/games N&N section. The effect seems substantially better than being on the games subcategory but won't have sales numbers until tomorrow.